Fullscreen In Emulators?

Devilmandex

Still Fresh
Is there a reason why none of the emulators currently out don't support full screen or is it just because they're not optimised? Snes and genesis are a bit small to play. :p

If you're comparing it to PSP, PSP's 3D hardware makes it easy to modify textures in real time so you can use it for scaling framebuffers. It can probably be done on Wiz too but there's no obvious software interface for it. It might be doable with OpenGL ES but it remains to be seen if there's a lot of overhead involved in binding the texture or not.

Picodrive is supposed to have a software width-only scaler, although a lot of Genesis games run at 320 width to begin with. If it doesn't have the feature then I'm sure when notaz updates it it will. Temper has this option too.

If you're comparing it to PSP, PSP's 3D hardware makes it easy to modify textures in real time so you can use it for scaling framebuffers. It can probably be done on Wiz too but there's no obvious software interface for it. It might be doable with OpenGL ES but it remains to be seen if there's a lot of overhead involved in binding the texture or not.

Picodrive is supposed to have a software width-only scaler, although a lot of Genesis games run at 320 width to begin with. If it doesn't have the feature then I'm sure when notaz updates it it will. Temper has this option too.
Picodrive does scale the image, on SW scaling, it works fine. I think most, if not all games are scaled. With the "3D acceleration" of the wiz, it "should" be possible to draw the screen using openGL or something, making it scalable to the screen? Although, this doesn't bother me much for now, even if it would be nice to have games running on the full screen. It's kind of lame having a decent sized 320x240 screen, and then getting a little window in the middle of that to run games in. =P

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a reason why none of the emulators currently out don't support full screen or is it just because they're not optimised? Snes and genesis are a bit small to play. :p
Genesis? I don't know what you mean, the native resolution is already basically fullscreen for 90% of games, the rest can be scaled to the width. If you mean that small strip on the bottom it is hardly worth the extra mm of size you would get but have a horrid looking uneven blocky screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back