How Much Would You Pay For A Replacement Case?

what is the most you'd pay for a replacement gp32 case?

• I wouldn't buy one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20 USD

• 20-30 USD

• 30-40 USD

• 40+ USD

• Total voters

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
hello! i've returned from a looong time in school

right now i'm working on making some replacement cases for the gp32. they will be crystal clear and can be made almost any color.

the insides can be painted to give it a cool effect

i probobly won't have anything perfect for at least another month or two

but i just need to know if this is going to be worth my time or not...

i will first offer them for non flu/blu systems since that is what i'm using for a base.

i won't off replacements for FLUs because of dust issues

BLUs will come when i can afford one to rip apart or someone sends me the case to one...

thank you for you time!

I'd be willing to spend up to $30 for one! I love clear cases. :)

A new case would be cool, esp. since my old one has a crack (see photo of it here)
My dream of a replacemnt case is mostly transparent, but would have coloured stains(also a bit transparent).
I could add a few LEDs to the GP32´s circuit board and connect them to the ext. port, so that they could be contolled by software. they could be used for gameplay! Just imagine finishing a boss in a shooter and the whole GP32 starts flashing and blinking :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool :). I'll definitely buy one for my BLU, I want it completely jet black. Nobody's going to laugh at me in the street then ;)

What would be really cool is if you could redesign a smaller case for the GP32 that makes it look more modern and makes it easier to stick in your pocket.

not unless you are gonna redesign the gp32 inside. Are you gonna do that? no? welll shut up then. p.s. i have tiny pockets and my gp32 fits in no problem. Are you 3?

shipping is the big problem...

i live in the USA and most of the people here are in europe...

although the cases wouldn't weight very much, i'd expect at LEAST 10 bucks for shipping to europe...but if anyone can tell me otherwise....

i still need to buy some more stuff to make the molds, i hope to have the back half of the case completely cast by this weekend....

i know that daz genetic (spelling?) was working on some at one point, but i haven't heard back from him in at least a year...

sam fisher posted on Apr 5 2005 at 01:00 PM said:
not unless you are gonna redesign the gp32 inside. Are you gonna do that? no? welll shut up then. p.s. i have tiny pockets and my gp32 fits in no problem. Are you 3?

Hey hey, isn't there some air in GP32? In any case, a newly designed, about the same size case, which would fit the regular GP hardware, could be cool... (if the design is cool) I'd like to able to switch the placing of A and B to the GBA configuration.

I think I could pay from 30€/$, for a good case... What's the material?

Oh, installation guide is a must... how difficult could that be?

If it comes complete with buttons an a new stick, i'd defineatly buy it!
As the dollar's quite cheap, 40USD is nothing. At least for me!
Shipping depends on where in Europe you want to send the case; probably 10+USD, but just let the buyer handle that one ;)

can you post pics? I'd like to see them before saying how much i'd pay for one. just examples, like a clear one, or any funky styles, anything. I think i'd go for a maybe a red and silver one.

yes i will be interested although i in the uk but i will pay up too 20usd because my case is in working order but would be cool to have it c-threw. :)

the cases aren't done yet, and won't be for a month or two

the material will be a type of resin (similar to epoxy)

i will find the strongest resin possible and use that.

the cases will be exact replicas, i won't design a new case! although it would be cool....

i am busy with school, but now my schedule has changed and i have some much nicer classes...

right now this is just a basic plan. resin isn't the cheapest of materials.

the cases will probobly be 30 bucks a piece and won't include buttons, but i would offer all the grey parts in a seperate package for not much more...

nerd of nerds posted on Apr 5 2005 at 12:24 PM said:
shipping is the big problem...

i live in the USA and most of the people here are in europe...

although the cases wouldn't weight very much, i'd expect at LEAST 10 bucks for shipping to europe...but if anyone can tell me otherwise....

i still need to buy some more stuff to make the molds, i hope to have the back half of the case completely cast by this weekend....

i know that daz genetic (spelling?) was working on some at one point, but i haven't heard back from him in at least a year...

Shipping to Europe will probably be at most $10.00.

Daz_genetic was working on it because it wasnt worth the trouble if I remember correctly.

I know you said the material will be a type of resin, It won`t be too brittle, Will it.
The reason i ask, Is that resin (i know) is a very brittle material, Especially when it is moulded very thin. Thats why fibre glass is use in the moulding process to hold the resin together so it doesn`t shatter into pieces.

Forgive me if you have thought of all this already, But i just thought i`d point it out, Incase you hadn`t.

Trooper

i'm going to do extensive testing with different types of resin and materials for the cases so i can have the best possible product.

but i'm pretty sure resin will work, if it doens't then i'll find something else...alumilite resings are supposed to be good from what their website says...and it cures quite fast...

if all goes well i will be working on the molds tomorrow on through the weekend and i'll hopefully have the back half of the case ready to duplicate. this will give me a nice large piece to do testing with...

and by ALL means make suggestions! i am open to different color ideas! if you guys have any suggestions as to the material to make the case out of that would be wonderful too!

thanks for the support, suggestions, and opinions!!!

Back