How much more until the first batch is fininshed shipped? 2008 order here.

Hey Craig, are you the one that runs icontrolpad.com? I ordered my pandora from there a few days ago, and was wondering what the turn around would be before she would get posted.

I assume it's a she, purely because it's sexy and im typically not attracted to males.

I'm being all stupid and hoping that my Pandora (ordered May 2010, upgraded April 2012) will arrive before my birthday this Friday :D

i got my pandora and it's great!!! what a magnificent mini pc!!!! wow!!! i can't put it down!! this baby is doing everything i want!!!

Craig gets the exact same amount of units from me intended for old preorders than I ship to old preorders.

So I should not be faster. Maybe he got more Batch 1 preorders than me left?

Batch 1 and 2 combined should be about the same both for me and Craig, but I don't know how the orders are distributed.

I've got 145 Pandoras left for first batch and shipped about 110 since production has moved here. This is with production currently still running in slow pace (100 per week)
Craig gets the exact same amount of units from me intended for old preorders than I ship to old preorders.

So I should not be faster. Maybe he got more Batch 1 preorders than me left?

Batch 1 and 2 combined should be about the same both for me and Craig, but I don't know how the orders are distributed.

ED, I'm sorry, I misinterpreted what you said in the first quote as meaning you had 145+110 old pre-orders in total, but it sounds like that was only for batch 1 and didn't include old batch 2 pre-orders.

He's saying that he delivers the same amount of Pandoras going to older pre-orders as Craig..

Batch 1 was approx 4000 units, but could of dwindled down after people cancelled. Batch 2 from what I gathered wasn't entirely much and was merged into the Batch 1 numbers.

I figure Craig has more Batch 1 and Batch 2 pre-orders.. I can't accurately guess how many more he has left.. My wild guess is that he may still have about a thousand units left to ship, perhaps a little less from the original batch(es)..

New orders and those who upgrade their first/second batch orders are getting priority, just because that's what is needed to get revenue to ship them out..

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought after moving production to Germany, it would speed up. I thought I read somewhere that all the first batchers would be shipped by May... I ordered in Oct 2008, still no emails.

I also sent two emails 3 and 4 months ago regarding the status of my order, but I've never gotten a reply. I know they're overstacked with months of emails, but I thought I would get a reply after 4 months.

The end of May is possible, depends if production gets up to speed next week.

when you say "end of may" is it for the 2008 preorders or for the whole 1st batch (as mentionned in the title of this topic)?

:unsure:

Yes, of course, what I should have said was Eds units are being shipped at the same rate as mine, so his queue will be finished far sooner.

Hey Craig, are you the one that runs icontrolpad.com? I ordered my pandora from there a few days ago, and was wondering what the turn around would be before she would get posted.

I assume it's a she, purely because it's sexy and im typically not attracted to males.

Sorry to repost, but are you in charge of icontrolpad.com?

**EDIT**

More out of curiousity than anything. Little excited, and being impatient i suppose too

I've got 145 Pandoras left for first batch and shipped about 110 since production has moved here. This is with production currently still running in slow pace (100 per week)

Yes, of course, what I should have said was Eds units are being shipped at the same rate as mine, so his queue will be finished far sooner.

Craigx, how many (approx.) do you have left for first batch?

Craigx, how many (approx.) do you have left for first batch?

i really would know the answer too.

...Yeah, still nothing here.

I'm beginning to think Craig ships like one pandora a month or something.

Ok, here's a little story dedicated to the early pre-orderers, telling the tale of how things are playing out for most of them still waiting (including me):

Early 2008, you notice there's a discussion of a fine piece of handheld heaven. Eagerly stand by, gather more information and wait for pre-orders to open up.

Tell every living person and their dog about the Pandora, hype it to the skies. Maybe even get some of them interested.

Pre-order date, late Sept/early Oct 2008 arrives. Type that credit card number faster than your keyboard accepts input. (Fry and his "Shut up and take my money" goes quite well with this one)

Set-backs. Huge, multiple, set-backs. Defend and rationalize the delays to the people to whom you hyped the Pandora earlier, who are now asking how the project has gone so far. You still show uttermost confidence in the project, maybe even still trying to invite others to pre-order and join the fun.

Your significant-other and/or your parents start to get worried it's a scam, and plead you to cancel the order and to get your money back. You stand firm and defend OP's actions, and ask them trust you. From this point forward, you quit advertising it to others.

After two years of delays and problems, you begin to avoid bringing up the subject, and if directly asked about it, you give vague and/or evasive answers, possibly even try to change the subject. Every time there's a mention of Pandora's Box, or introduction of a new game console, etc, you dread that someone is going to ask you about the Pandora project.

Now, after over 3.5 years and counting, you start to lose hope. You have already pretty much written the cost as gone. But not because you think it's a scam. You just have started to develop serious doubts about whether the company will stay up long enough to send you your Pandora. And cancellation is simply not considered as an option, you've invested too much time and energy for this.

Now fearing to respond to the forums, in case you add fuel to the fire of giving an impression of OP being in trouble, you're silently hoping for new people to pour in, or somebody to upgrade. Now it also seems that the people around you have forgotten about the Pandora (or don't want to ask about it anymore, for your sake - and you don't care which). So now you're secretly waiting for a miracle and/or for OP to suddenly deciding to send out all the early pre-orders in one big swoop. Unfortunately, this fleeting moment of bliss is just beyond your grasp, even though at times you feel like you're SOOOO close.

And a little extra ode/side remark to the people who already have their Pandoras: I can only imagine the sweet relief of getting the "Your Pandora has been shipped" -email. But as more time goes by, they are surely getting only sweeter and sweeter.

And there you have it, maybe this helped someone get a little more insight on what goes inside our heads. Thank you for reading, I know it was a long post.

Absolutely spot on post aatu. Probably the best I've seen on this entire forum since it was first setup.

New users that got a Pandora within a month of paying really need to understand this about the people that pre-ordered.

EDIT: My family and friends haven't forgotten that I pre-ordered though and constantly ask me about it. They look at me like I'm a f'kin idiot for supporting the project for so long. Especially when the Pandora devs send units out for new orders all the time.

It was sayed that production speeds up in May to around 200 or 250 Units per month. Since I trust GC, I guess they already have reached the targeted quantities?

There actualy can't much open preorders left, hoping they still get their units first before new customers are served.

It was sayed that production speeds up in May to around 200 or 250 Units per month. Since I trust GC, I guess they already have reached the targeted quantities?

We had 100 units per week since the production started in February, so about 800 units delivered where 210 went to classic preorders.

There actualy can't much open preorders left, hoping they still get their units first before new customers are served.

Well, depends on sales, mostly.

For years and years we follow the project and the trials and tribulations of the manufacturing process as completed Pandoras dribble out at a pathetic rate from CircuitCo. Then - HURRAH! - production is moved to Germany, where we follow the project as completed Pandoras dribble out at a pathetic rate from Global Components.

But - HURRAH! - Global Components are up to speed and can produce as many Pandoras as we need! And quickly! And betterer! Yay!

But wait! Now we get to sit and watch hundreds of people order, receive, play with, review, share, get bored with and sell their Pandoras even before the one we bought and paid for years ago is a twinkle in the freight company's eye, all because hundreds of other people who have never heard of the Pandora haven't bought one yet.

OpenPandora: The Kick In The Face You'll Just Keep Coming Back For.

Back