How much more until the first batch is fininshed shipped? 2008 order here.

For years and years we follow the project and the trials and tribulations of the manufacturing process as completed Pandoras dribble out at a pathetic rate from CircuitCo. Then - HURRAH! - production is moved to Germany, where we follow the project as completed Pandoras dribble out at a pathetic rate from Global Components.

But - HURRAH! - Global Components are up to speed and can produce as many Pandoras as we need! And quickly! And betterer! Yay!

But wait! Now we get to sit and watch hundreds of people order, receive, play with, review, share, get bored with and sell their Pandoras even before the one we bought and paid for years ago is a twinkle in the freight company's eye, all because hundreds of other people who have never heard of the Pandora haven't bought one yet.

OpenPandora: The Kick In The Face You'll Just Keep Coming Back For.
a twinkle in the freight company's eye, I like this line.Witty.

Well, the other way would've been we'd given up last year and no one would get a Pandora nor money back... better idea? :)

Out of curiosity, when did you order LineOf7's?, as I'm coming up to two years now and I know there's people who've been waiting longer than me.

If the 1Ghz is a success we are already talking about being able to speed things up a lot, the extra money will mean we can ship out almost twice as many units.

If the 1Ghz is a success we are already talking about being able to speed things up a lot, the extra money will mean we can ship out almost twice as many units.
Will there be twice as many customers?

Ok, here's ANOTHER story, this time from the point of view of a potential customer/long time lurker (and the reason why current "waiters" won't promote Pandora anymore):

Heard about Pandora sometime between 2008 and 2012 [possible sources: tech site, friend (aka. the "waiter"), gaming magazine, etc]. Did some research, got the impression that there are still some problems with the project, decide to wait until everything is cleared out. One of the major requisites being all pre-orders fulfilled, because as far as they can see, there are some people who have given money over three years ago, but haven't gotten anything in return. Sure, some people have gotten a hold of theirs, but unless they PERSONALLY know these fortunate people, they could just as well be part of a scam to lure more people in.

OP need to understand that the average-joe doesn't actually care how much hardships you've gone through. Giving their hard-earned money for a no-name company is a leap of faith on their part. And if you count in the disgruntled current customers (waiters), they are quite easily swayed to wait a little while longer.

Unfortunately, the waiting game is bad for all three sides. OP loses potential customers as the Pandora gets outdated. Waiters can't play with their Pandoras for the time being, or not even get theirs at all. Lurkers will move on to other gadgets, as their interest vanes as the time passes on. I do understand OP's concerns too, though. This is a safety precaution, and sending Pandoras to all pre-orderers would be a huge leap of faith on their part.

[edit]

Actually, bad for all four sides: the current owners will get a smaller community, therefore less software and/or smaller target audience for their own software.

[/edit]

But I hope OP also understands, that we, the waiters, WILL NOT promote Pandora anymore, as it would not only be futile (if you ask someone to order a product that you yourself have waited for over 3 years, you don't have to be a fortune teller to guess their answer), but it would also make us look like fools. Therefore, I would ask the current owners to promote this further, as you actually have something tangible to show them.

Thank you again for reading, I know it was a long post...

Last edited by a moderator:
It was sayed that production speeds up in May to around 200 or 250 Units per month. Since I trust GC, I guess they already have reached the targeted quantities?

We had 100 units per week since the production started in February, so about 800 units delivered where 210 went to classic preorders.
Yes, I meant "per week", not per month, sorry. ^^"

Back