How Much Longer Before They Run Out Of Pandoras To Sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idk761

Still Fresh
How much longer before they run out of Pandora systems to sell?

Since I am getting some cash by the end of October, would I still have a chance of getting a Pandora, or will I have to wait longer for the second batch in 2010 from what people have been telling me.

Email them and find out! Judging by all of the recent posts regarding preorders, I would guess that they will be sold out by the end of October. But you never know. :)

Yeah, email them and find out. At the moment, the order process appears to be something like this:

- Email them and tell them you'd like to order.
- If any are available, they will respond with payment instructions.
- You will have a certain time window to pay. I don't know how long, but they'll cut you some slack if you're mailing a cheque or money order.
- Once you're paid, you will receive a confirmation email with an order number, and you're in.

They're processing a lot of emails right now (in the order they get them), so you'll go into the queue and it might be a week before you hear back. But at least your foot will be in the door.

There are way more *requests* for orders than there are Pandoras left, however quite a lot of the requests never become paid up orders.

Also people cancel orders for various reasons from time to time, so those become available too.

So it's definitely worth emailing, and if you pay quickly then you are guaranteed a Pandora.

The demand is so big we are considering allowing some of the 150 reserved for webstores to be sold direct to customers, as they are not all sold yet.

craigix said:
There are way more *requests* for orders than there are Pandoras left, however quite a lot of the requests never become paid up orders.

Also people cancel orders for various reasons from time to time, so those become available too.

So it's definitely worth emailing, and if you pay quickly then you are guaranteed a Pandora.

The demand is so big we are considering allowing some of the 150 reserved for webstores to be sold direct to customers, as they are not all sold yet.
See you still have some hope left. Now lets hope with all the rush from people to preorder in the last hour they dont get anyone mixed up cuz that would suck if you paid and didnt get one

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd Sign up for Google checkout, send them your name address and phone number (if you want it shipped from UPS). That way they'll have your information send you an order number and you will receive a payment request from Google. from there it's just a matter of signing into checkout and confirming your order and hitting the pay now button.

Send only one email request per person, don't spam them with duplicates. :)

Hope that helps.

So far pre-orders for the first batch have been "about to be closed, last chance to place your order is NOW!" several times, without running out of Pandoras (or, you may notice, finally closing the book on first batch orders). There is ALWAYS the chance that they will actually sell them all, but until the web site (and ED's store I would guess) actually says that there are no more Pandoras, you are in with a chance of buying one of the first batch. IMHO. The best bet is to fire off an email to them.

Demand was certainly high after the Engadget article; this is when I finally ordered.

However as Craig and others have said, they've been near sold out for ages, however people drop out for various reasons or some people who request an order don't pay. I expect we're getting very close as Craig's post shows.

i sent an interest email on Oct 1 - received a request from openpandorasales on Oct 4 asking for my address and what accessories i wanted. i replied 12 hours later, and haven't heard anything since. i'm expecting that i should receive a google checkout link sometime this week?

hitbyambulance said:
i sent an interest email on Oct 1 - received a request from openpandorasales on Oct 4 asking for my address and what accessories i wanted. i replied 12 hours later, and haven't heard anything since. i'm expecting that i should receive a google checkout link sometime this week?

I'm sure that'll be what happens. I think there is still a lot of email traffic going their way, which of course slows down the replies, compounded by the fact that it appears to be Jacquelyn alone answering emails.

It took about 4 days for my enquiry to be answered, I paid it same day and then it took a further 2-3 days for a confirmation of my payment (which I didn't think I'd get or need anyway).

If you're worrying about your place in the queue, I don't think they'd email you back pretty much knowing you're going to ask for a Google checkout invoice, to only give your spot away. I trust they're being very methodical and pragmatic about the whole process - it's seemingly working well enough.

are they going to keep a few extras around just in case some need to be returned?

Yigguth said:
are they going to keep a few extras around just in case some need to be returned?
Very good question :) They had planned on it at one time...

Yigguth said:

I believe they have previously said they would reserve some for this process, yes, but I cannot recall how many they may have suggested that would be (and that info could be out of date by now anyway).

Nice to see a thread spiral downwards and basically turn into a handbag fight at ten paces.

Good job guys, And you know who you are.

Question has pretty much been answered, Or at least the original poster should have a better idea of how things stand.

***LOCKED***

Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back