Question For The Pandora Devs About Sales/availability

Azuma

Hi, I'm interested in buying the pandora system but I have a few questions. First, Can I pay for the system through paypal? I usually prefer this method. And secondly, I was wondering how many pandoras you have left from the first batch. I'm sure you have some or you would have put up a post on the blog but I plan to sell some stuff to raise funds for the pandora and as you could imagine I would hate to sell my psp and then find out I have to wait 'til 2010 to get another mp3/game player (I use my psp as a music player every day). So even if you could give me a rough estimate of how long they will be available, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I also fully understand if you can't answer this question in particular. Thank you so much for your time and I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Azuma said:
First, Can I pay for the system through paypal?
Not as far as any of us know. Paypal screwed the developers over once, and have threatened to do so again, so they're avoiding it.
Apparently Google Checkout has become the preferred method of payment.

Azuma said:
And secondly, I was wondering how many pandoras you have left from the first batch.
Forum estimates are somewhere between 0 and 50 are left.

Don't sell your PSP just yet. Send 'em an email and see if there are any left first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go here: http://gbax.com/pandoraxxx.html send an e-mail if you really want to buy one. Currently, if everything goes perfectly, it looks like they are looking to ship most of the units by the end of Nov. However, nobody can really say for certain how long it will take.

hmm... I've noticed that there are two separate email addresses for ordering a pandora. "openpandorasales@gmail.com" AND "gp2xorders@gmail.com". I sent an email to the first one, is that okay? Or should I have sent it to the second one? It probably doesn't matter but there are only a few left right? Figured I should just ask in case one is outdated.

Openpandorasales@gmail.com will be fine, I send an email to them and although I had to wait for the email a while, they do respond with all the info you need, although I myself have chosen for shop@gp2x.de, now waiting for a mail, ED is busy again...

I have to note that was the quickest anyone has ever replied to any question(s) I've ever had on any site, ever. :lol: . Thanx a lot for all the help.

Azuma said:
if you could give me a rough estimate of how long they will be available, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I also fully understand if you can't answer this question in particular.

We can't really answer it, but there's at least a few more weeks of MP case-related stuff going on before they can have all the MP cases, and I can't remember how the MP boards are going, and THEN they have to assemble everything, so if you're just ordering now, you might not get one until 2010.

Then again, they could theoretically assemble and ship everything in like 4 weeks and you get one in late December.

They don't have a solid answer, but it's going to be a while, so don't go selling things just because the Pandora will obsolete them.

MP is Mass-Produced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back