How Much Does Your Shoes Costs?

pandora said:
Argh! I keep hearing that everywhere. Even colleagues are putting it in there emails! That meerkat needs to be shot!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some new skate shoes on the weekend. My sister had just bought them for my nephew to wear to school, but they didn't fit (and the school doesn't allow them anyway). So they had to spend $100 on another pair of shoes for him. They're not that well off, so I gave them $100 and took the skate shoes.

I found out later that (i) the shoes only cost $70 in the first place, and (ii) they're the same brand as a pair I already have, that I don't wear any more, because they're shit. >_<

@ Nova

Coolios, my big bro collects (top brand) shoes. He has AU $20,000 worth of all kinds of MENS shoes.
Do you have any of the ones below?

If I had spare dosh, I wouldn't miond getting these Star Wars themed shoes.

Star_Wars_300_white.jpg

G13298_300.jpg
G19763_300.jpg
G19786_300.jpg

EDIT: Link

http://www.regi-shoe...fca1a106ef052aa

I have some pair of boots I saw at Wal-Mart after my last pair of Wal-Mart boots broke down.
I also have the olds ones, and some shower sandals.

They cost less than a DS. Other than that, I can't really recall.

Unless you count a couple pairs of dress shoes that I only wear a few times a year, I only ever have one pair of boots at a time. The last couple pairs have been Timberland Pro-series. They're comfortable, they meet all the OSHA requirements I need (steel toe, puncture-proof, 800V non-conductive, non-slip, non-scuff), and they last a good 2-3 years with heavy use. Being plain black, they're acceptable for all but the most formal event, so why have anything else? They were about $120, but I got reimbursed from my employer. Worth every penny.

I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on sneakers.

My default shoes are Merrell Jungle Mocs. Bought them for about $60. Comfy, quick to put on, and good for a wide range of weather, from sun to snow. I've been wearing them for a few years.

6585158914lrg.jpg

I also own a pair of New Balance tennis shoes and a pair of black leather winter boots, both around $90 (give or take $30, I don't remember).

Also some sandals and hiking boots that I don't use as often (I used to wear hiking boots more, but the old ones fell apart and the new ones turned out to be too heavy).

I also own some black leather concert shoes for performance at concerts, several times a year. After a long time spent looking for good-looking and comfy concert shoes, I ended up buying a made-in-China pair for $20. They look great and are comfy, though. I hope that they won't fall apart too soon...

Don't get me started on shoes, we could be here all day :D

I did however buy some boots in Matalan last week:
s2399291c177_1.png

They only cost £18, which is a total bargain :) !

craigix said:
Squidge said:
pandora said:
Argh! I keep hearing that everywhere. Even colleagues are putting it in there emails! That meerkat needs to be shot!
It's not as bad as the morons using the phrase 'My bad'.
My pet hates:
- My bad (as you said, craig)
- Fairs (as in 'fair enough')

This list is quite short actually. I'll probably think of more in a minute.

Simples ;).

I mainly wear CAT boots/shoes. I've got a pair of Chevelle SB's (£80) and Falmouth's (£60). They last for years, and although they aren't steel capped, are pretty strong. Great for in clubs, when people try jumping on your feet or when you need to push through crowds :p
They are also good for dropping servers onto, running over with trolleys, great for walking outdoors and especially good for going through bogs. In addition, they are also good for going to meetings in the snow as, other than the huge tread, they look reasonably smart when wearing suit trousers/shirt. The only thing they suck for is driving.

I also get cheapo shoes for work/general out and about when boots aren't really suitable. They usually cost me £10 a year :p

It's not that much of a big deal, I just buy a lot of shoes. Never at ridiculously expensive prices, the most i've ever paid was $90 for a pair of Nikes that are like that cap in Back to the Future 2. Apart from that, my maximum is like £40 (but usually it's 20ish), and I'll usually buy about a pair every month or two. It's still cheaper than smoking, lol.

I think the shoes I have right now cost about $30 or so.

I used to wear shoes that cost around $90, but I eventually discovered they don't last long enough to make them worth the extra cost over the $30 shoes. For example, I might have to buy a pair of $30 shoes every year, and a pair of $90 shoes every two years, but that comes out to $30/year for the cheap shoes and $45/year for the expensive ones.

Esn said:
My default shoes are Merrell Jungle Mocs. Bought them for about $60. Comfy, quick to put on, and good for a wide range of weather, from sun to snow. I've been wearing them for a few years.

6585158914lrg.jpg

Those look great. If I can find some I think I might pick them up.

I've got some like that, but in black and a different make. Cost me £12. And according to the manufacturer's website, no longer made :( I hate it when that happens, I might stockpile the next shoes I find that I like. My dad does that with jeans, it's not like either of us is ever fashionable anyway.

Exophase said:
Those look great. If I can find some I think I might pick them up.
I got them mostly because they were really comfy, to be honest.

But there's a wide selection of styles on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Shoes-Mens-Jungle-Shoe/dp/B000ABYOPQ

I might just buy another pair from there once I wear mine out, since I know my size already...

Back