How Many Gp2x Ad Banners Do You Need?

So how many are needed on a front page of a web site?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• hundreds

• thousands

• millions

• Total voters

sorry that i offended people with this poll, it was meant to be a joke, not to start crap about ad blockers and supporting the site. I thought it looked funny having the 3 banners exactly the same.

With the liksang banners you earn a commission on each sale so if you click on the banners or not it doesnt matter. Banners like the googleads are per clickthru so it does matter.

Well, the usual liksang banners. Maybe hando has got a special deal so he gets money for clicks, I don't know. I heard LikSang offered some special deals to some major sites :)

On my site I only ever have two banners on any page, either one at the top and one at the bottom of the page, or one at the top and one smaller banner on the side of the page. I'm not a big fan of banners but sites do need them to pay the server costs etc. I think 3 banners on a page is fine, the problem with the GP32X main page is that all three are bright yellow and animated which catches the eye 3 times :) Maybe some other banners or non-animated ones will work better.

Exactly my opinion :)
Thankfully, the right banner now looks different than the left, that was the only thing that annoyed me :) Now it's fine :)

I would also like to say to people please dont use adblocking software on sites like GP32X and Emuholic. Two or three banners and no popups is in my opinion fair and sites like us rely on this money to keep the sites going.

Wise words :)

And to all others: I have to pay 90 Euro per month for my sites... and all of them (okay, except for the gp2x Shop, but that one is two months old) are free for everyone and make TONS of traffic (well, they are download sites, what would you expect if not traffic??)

Last edited:
This thread makes me feel bad ... and I didn't do anything :(

Back