how many 1 ghz preorders are left? and who has one coming !

so im still waiting for an update announcement from ED... but im wondering:

the initial post said the 1 GHZ units will be limited to 150, seeing that its a testrun.

ED and craig seem to handle orders separately. craig seems to have sold a lot more than 75 units already.

how is this supposed to work out? did i miss something?

just my 2 cents.

I'm #106 in the queue and a buddy of mine is #107.

We both had orders from Craig and upgraded to the 1GHz version.

Nice one! It's gonna be sweet.Im gonna pimp that baby out.Mini usb keyboard.Wireless headphones, custom tv out cable etc.

I sure hope ED will answer the mails soon...

Sent mine on May 30th IIRC, and haven't heard a thing since then...

It's kinda disturbing to see more and more 1GHz Pandas getting sold and to not hear a thing about your own order...

I sure hope ED will answer the mails soon...

Sent mine on May 30th IIRC, and haven't heard a thing since then...

It's kinda disturbing to see more and more 1GHz Pandas getting sold and to not hear a thing about your own order...

Dont worry, instead of a 150 they are making 180 units, so theres about 64 left.

Hmmm still haven't heard anything about my upgrade even after assurances that they would let me know and its been more than a week now. I am actually starting to think there is something seriously wrong with my order.(That they lost it or something)

Hmmm still haven't heard anything about my upgrade even after assurances that they would let me know and its been more than a week now. I am actually starting to think there is something seriously wrong with my order.(That they lost it or something)

Me too. Ordered May 30th haven't heard anything. Sent email June 18th ... no reply yet. I'm getting worried.

while ppl are waiting for a msg from ED the 1 ghz units seem to be sold via gp2x.de, just like regular units. right now the shop has 26 units in stock.

actually i thought this is supposed to be a "community only testrun". i guess i was wrong.

in my opinion your marketing and selling strategies are weirdly obscure and thus look a great deal unprofessional.

it wouldnt have cost you any effort to exactly communicate how many units are planned (150, 180, whatever...) and who will when start selling how many of them. instead you guys start selling them on separate dates, through separate channels. as a matter of fact ppl get confused.

i mean cmon, its not like you do this the first time. just to be clear: i totally support you. but the way you handle all of this is most unfortunate.

This is just a forum based test run, it's not supposed to be a professional sales run. 180 units, of which only 150 may work.

We have also ordered (as I explained earlier) another batch of 1Ghz chips to cover any faults.

When the 1Ghz unit goes retail the new website will go live and it will be a proper sales channel.

i reckon ye will be able to shift alot of 1ghz units when they go retail.Interesting times ahead.^^^^^

No a real turning point would be when all pre-orders have been caught up.

That might be an interesting statistic - how many or what percentage of remaining 'normal' legacy pre-orders are able to be shipped out by using the profits from the 150 1Ghz unit sales.

Back