How Long Until We See Uae4All? (Amiga Emulator)

In fact, Multidisk IS working. Just tried Secret of Monkey Island, which starts at Workbench and all 4 Disks are there.
The Problem is, that back in the days, many Amiga games supported only 1 or 2 diskdrives, because every drive needed a little bit of memory.
Secret of monkey island with df0, df1, df2, df3: 865624 bytes free.
Secret of monkey island with just df0: 939168 bytes free.
So the coders often decided to ignore additional drives and use more memory instead.
You can try with only 2 drives switched on, which was supported by most games.

As Akabei has said, multi-disk support is there. The menu code is inserting the disks but its the actual Amiga emulation which is choosing not to check all of the disks

Akabei said:
In fact, Multidisk IS working. Just tried Secret of Monkey Island, which starts at Workbench and all 4 Disks are there.
The Problem is, that back in the days, many Amiga games supported only 1 or 2 diskdrives, because every drive needed a little bit of memory.
Secret of monkey island with df0, df1, df2, df3: 865624 bytes free.
Secret of monkey island with just df0: 939168 bytes free.
So the coders often decided to ignore additional drives and use more memory instead.
You can try with only 2 drives switched on, which was supported by most games.
I get what you are saying I tried games with only two disks and still get prompted to insert a disk it is no big deal really I was just wondering. Are you able to get the alternate button option button to work?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, sorry. I just tried with Superfrog and it showed no reaction.
The very few Amiga games supporting a second Button (i. E. Apidya) react on pressing A as 2.Button.

Reesy said:
As Akabei has said, multi-disk support is there. The menu code is inserting the disks but its the actual Amiga emulation which is choosing not to check all of the disks

Oh oh. Sorry to make you think that Reesy. Thanks for the explanation Akabei.

So our solution is to only allocate as many disk drives as you need for the game you are playing :) which is just the way it is...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to do new icons for the virtual keyboard, because most of them are unrecognizable.
Now I am wondering what kind of amiga-model the virtual keyboard represents (picture says nothing to me) and if it´s US, UK, or whatever keymap.

save states. no i cant seem to get them to work,unless someone knows any different????

Was just trying to play robocop 3 - works well music and all but to control found it hard lol anyone sussed how to play it nicely,
Maybe I need to adjust the deadzone on it not sure...hmmm I set it to 12 is that good?

Well driving the car with touch screen was fun lol

Back