How Legal Is The Pandora?

R

RedBaron

Just a thought
Has any body thought of the legal side of the Pandora, it has been designed to run pirated software, Dingoo A320 made in China, they don't care about piracy, GP2X WIZ made in Korea, they don't care about piracy but USA, Japan, Europe have a dim view on the subject, so how are they getting away with it?

? The Pandora is perfectly legal.
It hasn't been designed to run pirated software. It does run a free Linux OS with FireFox, etc.
Why should that be legal?

If you're talking about emulators... well, then no PC worldwide is legal. They can all play emulators.

EvilDragon said:
? The Pandora is perfectly legal.
It hasn't been designed to run pirated software. It does run a free Linux OS with FireFox, etc.
Why should that be legal?

If you're talking about emulators... well, then no PC worldwide is legal. They can all play emulators.
Thank you for your info, it makes sense

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahahahahahahahha!

it`s a gaming computer , maybe you need to research before you post?

yeah! lets ban all Sony,Nintendo,Xbox,PC,Palm,PocketPC, and netbooks, after all, they can all run emulators, oooh, evil!.

you do realise emulators are legal?, if you own the roms you can even have a binary copy of the games you own to run on them?, that loads of demo and indi software runs on these emulators legally?, that Iphones newest app is a C64 emulator?

if you are gonna post about something then at least research the subject before you spout off.

emulators are legal
binaries for games you own are legal (more so in the case of cartridges since there was no breaking drm required since cartridge consoles didn`t need drm, hence legal backups are possible)

edit: removed minor insult, thought you where trolling, sorry.

Quote: I don`t want people to like me, I want them to just shut up and stop annoying the hell out of me.

ndbsolar said:
Nope. Nobody has thought about this... The project is now doomed because of this revelation. Thanks :(
You know what else? I just realized we could have waited another few years and had the Tegra, and we could have had multitouch instead!
Why didn't we think of these things earlier??

</sarcasm>

How Legal Is The Pandora? How stupid is this question?

It's like owning a weapon. What you do with it solely depends on you and your intentions.

Whit my swiss officer knife, i open (bear) and limonade bottles, thats no weapon!!, thats very usefull!!

The Pandora isnt illegal: you can run emulators and run downloadet roms you dont own, but you can run homebrewgames too!!, Whit a PC you can controll a harvester to optimist the foodproduction to feed the hungry peaple on the world, but whit a pc you can also controll rockets to bring the nuclear holocaust too!!

All is a Weapon: you can kill peaple whit a wand, if you know how. :lol:

I believe what EvilDragon was alluding to is that modern computer systems are believe to be Turing Compatible, so by definition, they are capable of emulating or being emulated by other Turing Compatible systems. In effect, every computer is able to emulate every other computer. So if it were illegal to produce a device that could emulate another device, every computer would be, by definition, illegal. ui

mvickers03 said:
Hey Redbaron. that GP2X you sold me last week had 2 emulators installed on it tut tut :p

Provided these emulators did not include proprietary BIOS dumps, it's legal.

There are free ZX Spectrum emulators. Some of them will surely work on the Pandora (FUSE, for example).

The ROMs needed for them to run are legal to distribute:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/permits/amstrad-roms.txt

A lot of Spectrum games are also legal to distribute:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/permits/publishers.html

Peter R said:
matzesu said:
Whit my swiss officer knife, i open (bear), thats no weapon!!, thats very usefull!!

The bears do not agree!

OMG, hoppla!!!, i means beer !!, the only peaple i have hurts whit my knife, whas i, because i was not carefully.. :lol: :p :rolleyes:

lincruste said:
mvickers03 said:
Hey Redbaron. that GP2X you sold me last week had 2 emulators installed on it tut tut :p

Provided these emulators did not include proprietary BIOS dumps, it's legal.

Well they did include a Amiga Kick v1.3 actually :p

Back