How Gbax.com Orders Are Going??

There's an update on the GBAX website, dated yesterday:

"We hope all orders will be shipped upto date by the 10th of December, and yes, if you order now you will get your GP2X before Christmas"

So, I guess that means they'll all be in the post by the end of Saturday, right?

I have one question though:

The ones shipped/shipping to buyers in the UK, what courier were they sent via? Was it the Post Office or City Link or someone like that?

RichKS posted on Dec 6 2005 at 03:35 PM said:
The ones shipped/shipping to buyers in the UK, what courier were they sent via? Was it the Post Office or City Link or someone like that?

Mine was Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
RichKS posted on Dec 6 2005 at 03:35 PM said:
There's an update on the GBAX website, dated yesterday:

"We hope all orders will be shipped upto date by the 10th of December, and yes, if you order now you will get your GP2X before Christmas"

So, I guess that means they'll all be in the post by the end of Saturday, right?

I have one question though:

The ones shipped/shipping to buyers in the UK, what courier were they sent via?  Was it the Post Office or City Link or someone like that?

Excellent. :ph34r: . I can't wait, I just can't wait, I really can't wait, I just can't wait, I can't wait... Waiting is something I can't do... I'll wait...

nickspoon posted on Dec 6 2005 at 12:53 PM said:
About 7-10 days.

UPDATE: Yay! My GP2X ought to be here by Monday! I can't stand any more waiting...

When did you order?

Edit: Nevermind, found it earlier in the thread.

dioxide posted on Dec 5 2005 at 04:35 AM said:
In what way will the Second Edition be different from the First? I would just like to know if the 2nd Edition will have an hardware differences. And the First Edition will be be the same as the 2nd only through firmware upgrades?

I don't know. Does anybody know if the firmware will be updated on the 2nd Edition units? It would be superb customer service if they came with 1.03.

haha at least you guys know when your orderd and stuff, im getin it 4 xmas as a present so who nkows when mine will come lol

All we really want to know is if any are being sent this week .... it seems like they are waiting til next Monday before starting the next batch.

whats all this about confirmation emails?

i got my confirmation email right after i ordered, or is there meant to be another one?

Knowing when it will be sent wont make it come faster, better to sit back and be pleasantly surprised when the postie chaps your snow covered door.... and give craig a break :p

Since ordering i October I have had no email or even confirmation via email that my order is in the que. I would hate to wait ages only to find out that something went wrong and that my details were lost. I guess I'll just wait until after the tenth of dec

Mr Doctor posted on Dec 8 2005 at 01:56 PM said:
Knowing when it will be sent wont make it come faster, better to sit back and be pleasantly surprised when the postie chaps your snow covered door.... and give craig a break :p

Knowing when it's coming will allow me to plan in advance someone being there to accept it FFS. :huh:

Paradox posted on Dec 8 2005 at 02:50 PM said:
whats all this about confirmation emails?

i got my confirmation email right after i ordered, or is there meant to be another one?

you get one too if the unit is sent out, I guess ;)

You get an order confirmation email, and a shipping confirmation email.

For example, I ordered mine and got my order confirmation on October 4th

I received my shipping confirmation Nov 29th.

My GP2X arrived yesterday (Dec 7th) :D :D :D :D

(BTW I used the slow 4-12 day shipping, as I'm in the us & ordered from GBAX).

i ordered with royal mail special delivery, which is 24 hours...its been about a week and i still dont have mine...why do we get charged for special delivery if its not sent via that?

Sorry if this seems obvious, but have you actually received your shipping confirmation e-mail? Some people have thought that they will get their GP2X 24 Hours after ordering, but this is not the case.

If you do have a shipping confirmation, get hold of Royal Mail, Craig has shipped it.

Back