How do You Shutdown the Pandora?

MurcuryKnuckle

Still Fresh
I'm kind of embarrassed to ask this, but How do you shutdown the Pandora without it turning back on again? I selected "Shutdown Pandora" from the minimenu, and I typed "sudo shutdown -hP now" into the terminal, and both times the Pandora turned back on almost immediately afterward.

I didn't seem to find this issue with a forum search, So that means I'm either missing something simple or there is something wrong here.

I have never shutdown through Minimenu, but through the desktop you -

-click on the pandora button (bottom left of the screen)

-click on "logoff"

-click "shutdown"

Also, is the Pandora on charge? If so it won't shutdown it will simply restart as currently it cannot charge while switched off.

Oh, it is still charging. It's my first day with the Pandora and It came with a nearly depleted battery.

So it keeps turning on because it's plugged in. Okay, guess there was no cause for alarm. Thanks for your quick reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, it is still charging. It's my first day with the Pandora and It came with a nearly depleted battery.

So it keeps turning on because it's plugged in. Okay, guess there was no cause for alarm. Thanks for your quick reply.
Yeah, this is a temporary thing while the software is sorted out. It can charge while "off" (or as close to off as a modern machine with a battery capable of literally exploding can be while still making sure the battery doesn't explode ;) ) but actually making it do so has been slightly problematic. It should be fixed soon, if not in the next hot fix than the one after it.

Back