How Do You Refresh Sd Card?

Spykez

Whenever I update files or put new files on the SD card while the wiz is on and put the SD back in, it won't show anything unless I power off and back on.

Whenever I update files or put new files on the SD card while the wiz is on and put the SD back in, it won't show anything unless I power off and back on.
Yeah, I've noticed this as well. For me, it only began once I updated to FW 1.1.0. With the old 1.0.0 FW, it would do the same thing, but simply exiting the SD card browser and re-opening it would allow the SD card to load. With this new firmware, that doesn't appear to work.

I've tried everything to get it to refresh, and nothing seems to work. I tried opening the entertainment section, opening and exiting a built-in flash game, nothing works. I even tried opening the options menu, running the touchscreen calibration app, and seeing if when it re-loaded the menu if my SD card would be refreshed. Alas, nothing has worked.

AFAIK, there is no way to refresh the SD card. For now I just shut the system down and reload that way. It's a pain (especially since the new FW makes powering up load slightly slower), but it appears it's the only way.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, I have realized that if you need to remove your SD card to update files, exit the SD browser on the Wiz and stay on the main menu. Then insert your SD (once the files are updated) and wait for a few seconds. After this, THEN enter the SD card browser and it should be fine. At least, this works for me. Hope this works for you too Spykez.

Yes, you should ensure you are always on the main menu for several seconds before removing the sd card. Otherwise if there is access to the card (eg. an app running from the card, current directory on the card, etc) the card will not be unmounted properly and so it will not re-read the contents when you re-insert the card. It also means that any writes to the card at this point could corrupt the cards contents (as it will not know of any modifications you have made).

Back