Sd Filesystem Losing Files

liveunderwater

熱いソース
Hello, I could use some direction to information I have not been able to find in searching. I can not find details on formatting an SD card for use on the Wiz. The Wiz itself does not have any card preparation software that I have been able to find. Is it safe to format by PC over the USB link?

I should probably explain my reason for wanting to format the SD card... Sandisk SDHC class 2 4GB card had been working ok in my Wiz but I thought I was noticing files disappearing. Then I really noticed files disappearing when my games directory disappeared after unmounting from the pc.
I feel like my testing options here are to format the SD card to whichever filesystem format works best for the Wiz (some help there would be appreciated) Also I would like to restore the Wiz to defaults to get a fresh start but I don't see instructions for that outside of unbricking. I am thinking about trying to reload the current firmware.
I have other strange occurances in the filesystem as well. Other untouched files and folders disappearing. CPS2 roms ALL running rotated and unscaled suddenly without a way to change back.

Furthermore, a brand new ADATA SDHC class 6 16GB card was found and mounted the first time I inserted it into the WIZ. It appeared to contain NED_LIC.SYS and NED_SID.sys and no other files or folders. Without writing anything to the card I unmounted to build a new file tree from the other SD card. When I finished and reinserted the new 16GB card the Wiz asks to insert an SD card when I choose to mount SD. I do not have another SDHC card reader at the moment and will have to test the new card at work tonight.

Hope I'm in the right place because I could really use some help keeping this from turning into a brick.

A strange occurrence happened to me last night regarding disappearing files and folders as well. I was loading up PicoDrive to play some Desert Bus, I clicked into the folder that had my ISOs when it showed nothing in there. Stranger still, there wasn't any way to go back to the root of that folder either.

I went home to check out the SD card on my laptop to see that it had way more space than it was supposed to. I checked the Sega CD folder, and everything in there was wiped.

I do remember mounting and unmounting the Wiz on multiple machines the past few days, as well as different OS's (Windows 7 and OS X), so it could be something related to that...

I'm currently running the 1.21 firmware.

Running 1.21 here as well. Mounting in Windows 7 and nothing else. I had been using the Wiz to disconnect the device by pressing the x button. I'm going to start using the eject function in explorer to see if I retain my files that way. If GPH doesn't check for firmware files before it erases its memory I don't know why I would expect it to safely unmount from the computer.

@MkidTrigun Do you eject/unmount the removable drive from the operating system first or just hit the x button on the Wiz?

What I usually do is I hit X to disconnect if I'm on Windows, and unmount it if it's on a Mac, because Macs bitch at you more for disconnecting before unmounting it. I do it both ways, so no help there.

I'm thinking it may have to deal with 1.21, although I'm not 100% certain at this point.

Back