Sd Card Not Visibile In Windows Anymore

flagrant99

Still Fresh
I have an sd card problem. Whenever I try to use it from windows, windows thinks the sd card is not formatted and prompts me to format it. I do NOT want to format it. Everything has been working fine for weeks. All of a sudden after raising sound settings and saving configuration in prboom now windows can't access the sd card. But the Wiz can! When I navigate through wiz I can see folder, etc. Is there a way to get windows to see this thing again without erasing the sd card? I tried using wiz as usb host and other card readers. Windows can't see anything anymore.

Can I do it from Termula2x Wiz? Or do I need to install linux? I even tried doing a cp from the sd card to the nand using Termula2x, but it gives error saying nand is read only.

u9i said:
Try repairing the filesystem of the SD card from linux. That worked for me. Google for the command(s)

Thanx u9i. I just downloadeed ubuntu from here.
http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/download
Burned it to a cd, and booted up linux without installing it.
I can see EVERYTHING on my sd card from ubuntu without even repairing.
I am copying my files off the sd card as I type! I had a feeling linux would see it, since the wiz could see everything as well. strange how linux can handle fat32 better than windows :) .

I'll give the repair a shot as well after I finish transfering my files.
thx again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back