How Do You Consume Bananas?

I remove the skin by...

• Snapping the handle, mashing the insides of the banana, and eventually sticking my nails or a knife

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holding the banana by the handle and squeezing the other end to open the banana, then peeling

• Using nails or a knife down the sides of the banana

• Slicing the top and bottom off and digging your nails in to peel whats left

• Total voters

I didn't respond to this poll because I think tbe banana's design is CRAP and whoever was involved clearly is trying to satisfy as many people as possible without thinking about their target market: me.

Well, generally when I have a banana I walk over to the nearest bin and promptly throw it in. I hate bananas and so this really is a pointless post here but seeing as it is about bananas I thought I'd have my say.

Our dog demands the ends of our bananas. When we travel, it feels very strange to be eating the ends.

I dig a nail into the skin while bending the handle. Helps it to snap without mashing the insides ... mostly.

I eat any part of the flesh that isn't bruised beyond brown.

I think you need to add another poll that asks when you eat 'em ... green, yellow, brown, black B)

I snap and peel down. I only eat the end near the handle because I heard spiders lay their eggs in the other end... that may be complete bullshit but its certainly stopped me eating the end of the banana. :)

slaanesh said:
Reesy said:
...I heard spiders lay their eggs in the other end...
Extra protein...

@Reesy: are you deving for the GP32 again?

A little, at the moment I'm trying to write a decent fileio lib using Squidges smc block lib. I've given up trying to debug the samsung library we currently use.

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
I just snap the top and peel down....
Your options are way too complicated :p

Squidge said:
I'm suprised how many people open there bananas the wrong way. Some tutorials are needed I think.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YCv4c7dFzVw

:)

I remember seeing something on the TV about monkeys where they said about opening a banana the right way.

Does anyone remember a comic from the early 90's called ACNE. It was like Viz for Kids. The reason I mention it is because they had a campaign to BAN THE BANANA

Squidge said:
I'm suprised how many people open there bananas the wrong way. Some tutorials are needed I think.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YCv4c7dFzVw:)
Tsk.. that's what I said <_<
kevcal said:
I try to peel from the 'wrong end' when I remember.
It improves the banana 'latter end experience' try it an see. :)
foleyjo said:
Does anyone remember a comic from the early 90's called ACNE. It was like Viz for Kids. The reason I mention it is because they had a campaign to BAN THE BANANA
No, but I do remember Tommy 'Banana' Johnson from viz: Viz Banana Shenanigans (Guess you had to be there...)

kevcal said:
Tsk.. that's what I said <_<
Yes, I know, but still, only 26% of people open there bananas the correct way, so a tutorial is required :)

Back