Has Anyone Seen This

christo930

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/Sta...1&langId=-1

IF that one don't work, try this one:

http://www.shopping.com/-acer+aoa150+1570+349.99

While it won't fit "in the bucket" (to quote the guy interviewing evildragon:), it is pretty small and would fit in a large coat pocket. I'm not sure how well this machine would run games, but it would probably run games as well as the Pandora, with a lot more games. I saw this machine in Staples and fell it love with it, but I did resist the urge to buy it so I could do a bit more research. From what I have found, it seems to be a decent machine and even makes a good hackintosh which is something I want. The main drawback it seems to have is that Atom processor. It is actually slower than the 900mhz Celeron M found in the EEE, even at 1.6ghz, but does consume less power. You can't hold the thing in the store so I don't know, but I have heard the unit does produce some heat. Aside from the larger size (do keep in mind this is a really small notebook), what do you guys think?

christo930 said:
http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/Sta...1&langId=-1

While it won't fit "in the bucket" (to quote the guy interviewing evildragon:), it is pretty small and would fit in a large coat pocket. I'm not sure how well this machine would run games, but it would probably run games as well as the Pandora, with a lot more games. I saw this machine in Staples and fell it love with it, but I did resist the urge to buy it so I could do a bit more research. From what I have found, it seems to be a decent machine and even makes a good hackintosh which is something I want. The main drawback it seems to have is that Atom processor. It is actually slower than the 900mhz Celeron M found in the EEE, even at 1.6ghz, but does consume less power. You can't hold the thing in the store so I don't know, but I have heard the unit does produce some heat. Aside from the larger size (do keep in mind this is a really small notebook), what do you guys think?

I think your link is leading to "U.S. Zip Code (5-digit)" input dialog.

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 said:
You can't hold the thing in the store so I don't know, but I have heard the unit does produce some heat. Aside from the larger size (do keep in mind this is a really small notebook), what do you guys think?
I own something similar, an Asus 1000H eeePC.

I love it, and it's become my main computer for everyday tasks.

If you like the Acer, get it and enjoy it. You may also want to check out other brands, as the "netbook" category has become quite popular and there's a lot of competition now.

As for Pandora, I see them as being very different. I rarely play games on my EeePC, when I do it's mainly Magic Engine these days. I think a DS sized device with real game controls and TV-out etc. will still be more enjoyable for games.

also, don't expect too much performance from the Atom. It does most things just fine, but CPU intensive apps (i.e. fancy 3D games, video encoding) are not well suited for the Atom. Daily tasks like browsing, document editing, music, as well as basic emulation & older games - it's just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own an EEE 701 and like Prophet, I hardly ever play games on it. Without a proper 3D accelerator, anything even remotely graphics intensive just chugs along, though I'm playing Fallout on it right now and it's doing great for that. It hasn't replaced my N800 either. The EEE has its uses and I get a fair bit of mileage out of mine, but there's something to be said for devices you can fit in your pocket and hold in your hand while you use.

That said, I am actually planning on buying an Aspire One in the near future. After trying one out, it seems like it will be a better machine than my EEE for most tasks, though I'm still pissed that I can't get one with Linux, a hard drive, and a 6-cell battery. Fucking Acer.

Back