How Did You Found Out About The Gp32?

Can't remember it exactly, but I think my fascination of emulation of older consoles lead me here. Didn't take me to long to figure out this system was right for me.
I guess SNES emulation (or the prospect of it anyway) actually was a deciding factor at the time, but I actually don't miss it anymore...
I've discovered the beauty of so many other systems.

I'm mad on emulation (live in a small apartment, no room for the real items!) and wanted a portable device. Looked in to PDA's but they all sucked for controllers. Looked at Zodiac and GP32, decided on GP while browsing this very site. Best decision I ever made. "Oh, and marrying you honey...."
Can't beat having 800 roms on one card for making those long flights pass quicker.

WarmFluffy - I see you haven't shifted yet. Weather still shit :)

Saw it in EDGE, googled, coded and tried geepee32 for a while and then got one from lik sang.

I ordered my AfterBurner-modded GBA from Lik-Sang, and noticed a section on the GP32.

A few months later (after I had done a lot of research) a buddy of mine got one, and assured my that it indeed rocked.

So I got one. :D

I was originally looking around the net about emulation on gba and somehow stumbled upon information about the gp32. It sounded far superior to emulation on the Gba. So much so that I decided to purchase one And it was possibly the best purchase i have ever made... :) Good times then, now and forever...
Gp32 Pwnz my Soul... :blink: :D :ph34r:

saw it on liksang whilst looking at gba flash carts

went to korea and saw them being sold in all the electronics markets

interest renewed, i followed some links from liksang and found these forums. proceeded to lurk for a good year and a half.

stumbled across a forum post that the author of fpse (for pocket pc) had made saying he was thinking of porting to the gp32.

registered an account and my first post was all about the possibility of a PSX emu.

got hold of a second hand gp32 off a board member.

sold it to Nova earlier this year.

spray posted on Jul 19 2005 at 09:28 AM said:
went to korea and saw them being sold in all the electronics markets

now this makes me envious :)

anyway!

I saw GP32 whilst looking on gbax at the cart based nes handhelds...

gp32 played nes roms - makes the other cart based systems redundant...

bought an NLU for £35 off ebay - my missus nicked it to play harvest moon and shanghai - so I bought a FLU....

my son is now sick of his psp and has sold it to buy a gp32!!!

so we will be a family of gp32 users!!

(also three of my freinds have bought them all after seeing the old NLU in action!)

I have many many systems (playstation 2, xbox) - but along with the dreamcast, the gp32 is my fave of all time!

sPaCe :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wildheart Baby posted on Jul 18 2005 at 10:35 PM said:
Axeman posted on Jul 18 2005 at 05:41 PM said:
An article on b3ta.com back in 2003.
yeah this is the place I discovered it and I'm glad I did
Chalk up another B3tan.
They linked to GBAx and I'd ordered mine within days :)

I pinched the SMC from a camera, put a couple of mp3s and games on it and showed it off :D

Back in 2002 I read an article about this new handheld from Korea in a german magazine called 'Maniac'. I thought about purchasing one, as I saw there are some exclusive commercial games available. After one week of thinking I ordered my NLU at Lik-Sang together with 4 games.

BTW, I'm searching for a boxed version of Wanna Be Wizard. Can anyone has one for sale, or can point me to a place where I can buy it?

with bush's first inane tax cut, i knew that that money would be going straight into another country's economy. as a rabid handheld gamer, i happened to read about the gp32 from lik-sang when they first started selling it (luckily i didn't go for a handaxe or whatever that famicom handheld was called, and i was right to do so - thank you little john), and it was a quick win over on me. man, those were dry times sifting through the strange first party crud until homebrew games and apps started appearing over the internet, but i easily weathered it and sat around in eager anticipation for the same to happen with the psp. luckily wipeoutpure and thug2 kept me much more satisfied than all for princess and kimchee man, but i do miss games about food...

I read about it in an ad in retrogamer. I thought it was the coolest thing I had seen, and I didn't even know much about it. So, I researched it anxiously and bought one from gbax. I didn't even know about gp32x at first. Then I saw that stuff was released almost everyday here! Sometimes I get a smug look on my face when I see someone my age, who thinks he knows everything about videogames... while he's playing a GBA.

hhmm... hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ohh yes
now i remember. i was looking for roms because i love downloading
illegal stuff (movies,games,music,etc...)but i saw an add on the side of
rom site and it was a gp32 i clicked the link and yes i wanted one more
i wanted a pet 2 toed sloth (damn did i want that 2 toed sloth)so i bought the gp32 then sold it to my freind for a dremcast with like 1000 games so i'm gp32less at the
moment but i shant not be being thus why for long. does anybody know where i can by a flu gp32. :D

I read an article on it in Games TM, then went on to do a bit of research on the net & ended up here, saw all the cool stuff you could do with it and ordered one from GBAX.

bought a Zodiac2 over a year ago, loved the emus, not happy with the analog controller. Eventually the Z contoller went so bad that I sent it in for RMA. While it was away I read about GP32, since I heard that the controller was digital. Wow... it has a perfect Genesis emu and an Atari 800 emu -- my favorites! Downloaded the devkit and emulator and the mirko sdk and began working through examples. I was amazed at the simplicity of developing software for the GP32 (no "signing" either). Ordered a GP32 from gp32z.com and loving it. Not sure what to do with my basically brand new Z2 now... I am not using it. I am just barely hanging on to it because I like the movie quality and storage options better (to support the movies). Also the controls for ZDoomz is a little better (more configurable) than the GP32 doom... but I'm not a huge doom fan anyhow. And there will no doubt be a better movie playing pda along very soon. I probably will sell it.

Mostly I play old school RPGs and Atari games during my commute on GP32. The Phantasy Stars are excellent!

pea posted on Jul 19 2005 at 01:50 AM said:
WarmFluffy - I see you haven't shifted yet. Weather still shit :)

Oh great, He waits til the sun goes in then comments on the weather :lol:

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 19 2005 at 09:49 PM said:
pea posted on Jul 19 2005 at 01:50 AM said:
WarmFluffy - I see you haven't shifted yet.  Weather still shit :)

Oh great, He waits til the sun goes in then comments on the weather :lol:
your house is on fire :eek:

I was reading an article on it on a website, but doesnt know wich one anymore. Then I was looking for some extra information and in 2 weeks I bought one off a dutch Ebay-liked site.

Went to Zophar's Domain, was bombarded with a Play-Asia banner for GP32 (it said DIVX EMULATORS MP3S GAMES...GP32) DivX was the keyword for me. From searching for more on GP32, I found GP32x then GBAX then Lik-Sang. Forgot about it for a while then found GP32z, bought it for my birthday and the rest is history. :D

Back