How Did You Found Out About The Gp32?

i surfed on the "other consoles" section on ebay and suddenly found the gp32 :p

i read trough the things and was amazed ;)
i thought about fullscreen snes :p and was a little bit dissappointed first... but then i played c64 and all this great old systems on it and now i cant imagine a life without the gp32 ;P

P.S. i bought is soon after i found this forums from lik-sang :) and i own a nl-unit :p

I had read about the 'upcoming GP32' for awhile (many years ago now), and totally forgot about it after the NGPC disaster.

Then I chanced across it on the Yak's forums and grabbed one due to the praise for the C64 and PC Engine emulators. It only went uphill from there!

Exactly the same time last year there was a big GP32 campaign with many advertisements in the most popular Italian magazine "The Games Machine" for 5 months so I finally searched for information about it in Yahoo! and I have seen how great this little fellow gp32_console is.

Enslaved posted on Jul 18 2005 at 07:33 PM said:
I don't remmeber exactly. All I remmember is comming to GP32x for a while and then getting a non-lit for christmas.
I made the orignal version of you avatar :eek:

I heard about it from some fag at school who just mentioned it once and was told about gbax.

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard something about a gba version of giana sisters and asked in forums if it's true. then i started dreaming about playing giana sisters on a portable machine and someone told me that it is possible with the GP32 :)

well i was surfing my (at the time) fave import site liksang when i came across

NEW POWERFULLL KOREAN HANDHELD etc which was of course the gp32 so i got a job,saved up and god bless had one (flu) in my hans about6 months later!

sensible GP32 posted on Jul 18 2005 at 05:45 PM said:
the main reason for why alot of peeps have gp32's

looking for the flash cart on gbax, saw mad device, was promised it played snes games ok it did but snes9x gp sucked ass......................................................... the rest my friends is history :)

same

A long time ago, at least a year or two, I remember hearing something about GBA being able to emulate NES games, but I had no idea how it could do that... However, it was very intriguing because being able to play my favorite NES games was all i wanted out of a portable system. so I started looking around and eventually found flash cartridges. I was planning on buying that for a while, but then while looking thru different flash cartridges, I found a link to info about the GP32. I did a little more research, and after reading gbax's review, I was sold. As soon as I got my income tax return check, I ordered it from Jr2Swiss and had it in no more than a week. I'm so glad I made the decision to get the GP32 instead. I vowed a long time ago that Nintendo would never get another penny from me, and they still haven't... but they almost did. Thanks to the Koreans, I now have 3 kickass airsoft replicas of guns nobody else makes and the coolest game system I've ever seen.

I read a review in PC Zone, then spent a year saving up for one. Bought a BLU from a french person on eBay, and have never regretted it. I love the GP32, and it introduced me to the Zodiac and the Nintendo DS as well.

I first became aware of the GP32 a couple of years ago (I think). I can't remember what interested me at the time but I thought about purchasing one then (maybe R-type :D ). I then lost interest and other things caught my attention (i.e Mame). It wasn't untill I heard about Mame GP32 being released (having read about it on another forum) that I became interested in the GP32 again. I then signed up here and did a little research on what was available (emulator's, etc) and I think it was the review at GBAx that made me decide to get one.

:)

While searching google for handheld spectrum emulators, probably on the GBA, I stumbled across GBAX and saw the GP32 could emulate a spectrum, and play Doom, and Pinball Fantasies. I ordered one imediately!

A spam thread from the ozzfest message boards back in 2001, read about it, forgot for a while, remembered, registered, read quite often, got one this year.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 18 2005 at 09:18 PM said:
While searching google for handheld spectrum emulators, probably on the GBA, I stumbled across GBAX and saw the GP32 could emulate a spectrum, and play Doom, and Pinball Fantasies. I ordered one imediately!

Thats exactly how I found my gp32_console

I had one of The Wub's GP32s knocking about my place for a few months last year. I took no interest in it at all. Then found out that it was open source and saw Wub developing "Blair Wars" for it and my interest was piqued. Got one for christmas. Damn you Wub! Now I'm a GP Junkie.

I'm a console collector and my girlfriend asked me what I wanted for my 21st birthday.

I was looking on Google for some obscure gaming platforms I had not yet discovered and came across the GP32 in an article about emulation.

I still haven't filled my first 128mb card and I'm still having so much fun with it :D

Back