How are you going to use your Pandora?

Bronek

I was wondering what's the balance between categories of users in Pandora community. I am not asking for specific programs that you want to use (there is separate topic for that), unless the program is "one of its kind" or there is simply no good replacement (e.g. due to existing user accounts etc.), but rather for category of programs that you are most likely to use most often. Also put here what general features you would value most - start with the most important. I will start with myself.

Will use most:
1. IMAP email, quite possibly with usenet and maybe calendar (depending on what's available)
2. web browsing
3. maybe Skype, maybe some programming in C++, maybe some gaming :p

Will value most:
1. ability to tether my HSDPA phone (USB modem)
2. reliable and snappy software

email - ebay - surfing and emulaters for my nes snes megadrive + speccy and amiga games

Connect a USB blender to it, and see if it will blend it's self, oh and videos....scummvm,amiga,mame,,gimp,internet, and it would be nice to use it as an alarm clock.

Will use most:
1.Gaming(Quake1-3,RPGs)
2.Surfing(maintaining eBay sales/gathering info)
3.tinkering OS stuff

Will value most:
1.battery-life
2.snappyness
3.ease of use

Portable emulated gaming, mobile internet, possible media station.

[Uses]
1) Emulation
Being able to emulate olld consoles like the Amiga, C64, BBC and others old the era on a device with a keyboard will be fantastic!

2) Web browsing
Although I may end up going back to my Eee PC more for this... we'll see which one works better for this.

[Features]
1) Battery life
10 hours plus? That's amazing for a PC-like device :)

2) Size
Such a powerful device so small, wonderful!

3) Community
One of the things I enjoyed most about my GP2X was the community, never quite knowing what new bit of software would be developed next.

Back