How about a full sized DragonBox branded keyboard using Pyra parts?

Does the idea have any merit?

• Shut up, someone build it and take my money!

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Interesting idea - needs more work to flesh it out.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Meh - might be interesting for my AV room or home computer.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ack! Keyboard thread! Someone kill it!

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • I don't think it would work.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Stupid idea. No interest.

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bluedeer

That's why I'm currently using a relatively old imported smartphone from the states. (Which i picked up on ebay from a local seller) It was pretty much the only 4G phone I could buy locally that had a slide-out keyboard. Of course the downside is that it still has some of Verizon's stupid restrictions built into the firmware that prevent me from using it for tethering...

-Neelix

This is why I'm hoping someone takes an interest in making a Pandora/Pyra style universal clip on HID. I can think of a zillion uses for it, including Smartphones, tablets, media PC's, among other things.

willie

The keyboard of the 1980s era Psion 5 still seems unsurpassed for keyboards on pocketable devices. Look at Psion 5's on ebay to see some pictures.

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
The keyboard of the 1980s era Psion 5 still seems unsurpassed for keyboards on pocketable devices. Look at Psion 5's on ebay to see some pictures.
Sure the Psion 5 keyboard looks like It would be good for setting down on a table touch typing. The Pandora/Pyra is to be held like a game controller, the keyboard is designed around using your thumbs. Although from early reports the buttons on Pyra keyboard is a bit easier to press, so it should lend better to touch typing.

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
1980s? Hah, even the Psion 3 was released in 1991. For a 1980s Psion look at the Psion Organiser I and II which had simple rubber calculator style keys in a non-qwerty layout.