Hotfix 6 RC update

dtho2312

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hello all. My (broken wifi) Pandora was delivered today and had hotfux 5 installed. The system would not recognise the supplied wifi single so after many hours I managed to shoehorn hotfux 6 onto a SD card and reflashed to that. Wifi is working now but I have lost the web browser. Is this a known problem and easily fixed? I was hoping to use the! PNDstore to download a new browser but I get a permission denied (io error 13) and can't install anything.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Hello all. My (broken wifi) Pandora was delivered today and had hotfux 5 installed. The system would not recognise the supplied wifi single so after many hours I managed to shoehorn hotfux 6 onto a SD card and reflashed to that. Wifi is working now but I have lost the web browser. Is this a known problem and easily fixed? I was hoping to use the! PNDstore to download a new browser but I get a permission denied (io error 13) and can't install anything.

Any help will be gratefully received.
What browser were you using? Midori? It is now a downloadable PND because the version in the repo is more up-to-date and the firmware is lacking some dependencies.

You can always download the PNDs manually on a Desktop and copy them to your SD card, but PNDstore ought to work when your network is connected. Do you have any custom filesystem permissions set which might be interfering?

My wifi was spotty with HF5, and I downgraded to HF4 which I used until HF6 came out.

Yeah, I mostly grab the PNDs with my computer and transfer them to SD.

Most of the included software in HF5 (Midori, etc.) has been moved to standalone PNDs. Check out repo.openpandora.org and search for whatever interests you, it's most likely there.

Back