Hopefully dumb question about defective units.

likwidoxigen

Website
Visit site
So this is really a question to the core team.... Are enough extras being produced to cover defective units? (There are always defects)

Because if my pre-order comes in dead/defective and I have to wait for the second batch to get a replacement I'll be positively murderous.... and I'm sure that would be the same for anyone else it happened to.

i'm not sure if they will be used for warranty replacements and such, but craigix said they wanted to have surplus parts for the cases to sell if someone breaks stuff modding, so i would assume they would have it for such things as defective units.

I the units will be tested before they are shipped. You should not have a problem with a DOA Pandora.

zxxgp said:
I the units will be tested before they are shipped. You should not have a problem with a DOA Pandora.
The question is, how thoroughly are they being tested? what if something breaks during the shipping?
SOMEONE is bound to have some problems

Kyosys said:
zxxgp said:
The question is, how thoroughly are they being tested? what if something breaks during the shipping?
The key word there is should. As far as how thoroughly they will be tested, that is a question for the devs. The devs don't want problems just as much as we don't want problems. They will do everything they can to make sure there are no DOAs.

I realize that, but that's not an answer to the actual question, because they can, as how I mentioned above, always break during shipping or everyday use. (Blue smoke suddenly coming out of the pandora, etc.)

IMHO Pandora hardly could die emitting blue smoke [ how d'you want to burn down something with such a low power draw? ], except if the battery itself burnt down...
Could die another way though, of course.

Don't worry all...
I can say from purchasing multiple items from craigix before that he'll have our arse covered with a fully tested Pandora, spare parts and a warranty...
I am not worried...the Pandora team (GBAX) know good business and are good business.
:)

from someone who is used to shipping product (perishables across country) I can tell you there are always problems with shipping........somewhere. lost packages, damaged packages, damaged product.

I know in the past gbax and craigix was always able to fix or replace the product damaged....

The only reason I worry is because with the limited production, and they're already pushing that further, will there be enough for the "just in case" conditions. Also when you're hand testing over 3000 units someone will get bleary eyed and bored with the testing and make a mistake... it happens. I'm cool with it happening as long as there's a plan for it.

Referring to the question of how thoroughly they'll be inspected prior to shipping, the answer is VERY THOROUGHLY. Craig said that they test the components in between each stage of the manufacturing process and after it is completed to make sure that there were no manufacturing defects. DOA Pandoras due to shipping issues are totally out of their control though. I'm sure they'll put money into a well designed package so they don't have to worry about that though.

Let's get real here.
This is a new, experimental, open source, first of its kind product.
There are sure to be glitches.
Craigx may be the most honest, hardest working, saintly person on earth.
But if you can't handle the fact that you're buying into a cutting edge, unique electronic experience,
Then perhaps you should cancel your order and go buy something else.
No whining allowed.

j.pickens said:
Let's get real here.
But if you can't handle the fact that you're buying into a cutting edge, unique electronic experience,
No whining allowed.
LMAO. Get your eyes checked man, and learn to READ. I wanted to know if there would be enough spares to cover the defectives. I'll even quote part of myself below.

likwidoxigen said:
Also when you're hand testing over 3000 units someone will get bleary eyed and bored with the testing and make a mistake... it happens. I'm cool with it happening as long as there's a plan for it.

In NO WHERE in this my posts did a whine or EVER indicate that I really cared. I only WANTED TO KNOW if there was a backup plan for defectives because of the very limited production. And I stated the blatantly obvious that I would be pissed if a backup plan got overlooked.

Now go take your stupidity elsewhere, A$$hole.

j.pickens said:
Let's get real here.
No whining allowed.
Oh yeah, that's a good idea. In fact, I'd love to see you emailing craig about your dysfunctional pandora and him replying "no whining allowed"

Kyosys said:
zxxgp said:

It may probably happen with me... Russian post is pretty tough xD But It depends on packaging.

Well, it's not just russian post. Though you might have more problems, seeing as how your pandora will have to travel more mileage than mine, coming straight from germany to me.

Anyway, yeah. I'd really love to get an answer on this, I too would detest having to wait several months for a replacement

likwidoxigen said:
j.pickens said:
Let's get real here.
No whining allowed.
LMAO. Get your eyes checked man, and learn to READ. I wanted to know if there would be enough spares to cover the defectives. I'll even quote part of myself below.

likwidoxigen said:
Also when you're hand testing over 3000 units someone will get bleary eyed and bored with the testing and make a mistake... it happens. I'm cool with it happening as long as there's a plan for it.

In NO WHERE in this my posts did a whine or EVER indicate that I really cared. I only WANTED TO KNOW if there was a backup plan for defectives because of the very limited production. And I stated the blatantly obvious that I would be pissed if a backup plan got overlooked.

Now go take your stupidity elsewhere, A$$hole.
Wow, whining and namecalling. Looks like I was right..

Will you people stop fighting, before I use my almighty mod powers on you!

From memory, aren't the pandoras being assembled in china? If that's the case surely they (the company in china) are responsible for testing before they send them out? If they do, maybe they only 'batch test' them?

ljones

Back