Hooray For Flavored Seltzer!

... well fuck it, you might as well drink "real" soda if that's the only brand you can find :lol:

Just out of intrest has that "zero" range of coca-cola been released in america? There was some rumours it was banned due to chemicals that cause infertalitly I just wanted to know if it were an urban myth or true.

It's also a good idea to stay away from drinks that contain phospheric acid....which pulls calcium from the bones. If you must insist on drinking carbonated beverages (like me ;)), carbon dioxide infused is better than the aformentioned.

Lettuce Dude posted on Mar 9 2007 at 04:21 PM said:
Just out of intrest has that "zero" range of coca-cola been released in america? There was some rumours it was banned due to chemicals that cause infertalitly I just wanted to know if it were an urban myth or true.

Yes, it's in america too.

Never heard that rumor before though, glad I don't drink it if its true :p

Probably isn't or else it would've been banned by now I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
SiDCrAzY posted on Mar 9 2007 at 04:12 PM said:
Though it has quite a few ingredients: Carbonated Water, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Aspartame, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Benzoate(A Preservative), Acesulfame Potassium.

Don't know what half of that stuff is, still tastes alright. I think I might have what Alex. saw, but maybe a diff. brand.
Yep, seems like it. The two chemicals I bolded are written in big letters on the front label, so I assume they can't possibly be too good for you.

TelcoLou posted on Mar 9 2007 at 04:43 PM said:
... well fuck it at you might as well drink "real" soda if that's the only brand you can find :lol:
Seems so. However, why not drink beer instead? Sure, it's a tad more expensive, but hell, you can supplement that with some water to fully satisfy your thirst?

- Alex

What is wrong with just drinking water? I rarely have anything else (though fruit juice or pop is nice sometimes) :)

Guess I should stop drinking that clear beverage then, though I'm not so sure the soda I drink is any better for me, considering diabetes runs in my family :unsure:

SiDCrAzY posted on Mar 9 2007 at 08:00 PM said:
Guess I should stop drinking that clear beverage then, though I'm not so sure the soda I drink is any better for me, considering diabetes runs in my family :unsure:

There's got to be someplace near you that sells additive-free seltzer water in bottles! My family also had a history of diabetes, thus my concern for the sugar intake.

TelcoLou posted on Mar 9 2007 at 07:47 PM said:

There's got to be someplace near you that sells additive-free seltzer water in bottles! My family also had a history of diabetes, thus my concern for the sugar intake.

I'll check some other grocery stores, maybe our small local one might have some.

What brand was the one you have?

SiDCrAzY posted on Mar 9 2007 at 08:56 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Mar 9 2007 at 07:47 PM said:

I'll check some other grocery stores, maybe our small local one might have some.

What brand was the one you have?
Stop & Shop...it's a nothern market, so if you live down here try Publix. Although I did prefer s&s for certain things.

TelcoLou posted on Mar 7 2007 at 04:52 PM said:
So, I've been trying to curb my cravings for super-sugary soda and caffine. While shopping, we saw a sale on 1 liter bottles of flavored seltzer for an amazing 33¢ each!

It actually sates my jones for soda, without any calories! I highly reccomend you try this out; it takes some getting used to, but your body will thank you in the long run ...

</PSA>

I did the same thing a few years ago, still drink it and now find soda too sweet. Great stuff! :)

~telengard

Try any of your big-name supermarkets (Albertson's?), and just get the store brand.

Man, it feels good to help such nice folk get healthy :D

WATER.
Drink of champions since teh 4evuh...

splash-4.jpg

TelcoLou posted on Mar 9 2007 at 08:56 PM said:
Try any of your big-name supermarkets (Albertson's?), and just get the store brand.

Man, it feels good to help such nice folk get healthy :D

Well, the only and closest Albertson's we had closed down.

It couldn't compete with all the Wal-Mart Supercenters, which are our big name supermarkets.

Though we do have an "H-E-B" , thats a statewide supermarket chain, might be in other states don't know, I'll try them.

I'm sure some of the small grocery stores should carry them, they carry all sorts of things others don't...

Thanks for the help :)

Maybe there's some in North Texas, seeing as I live in South Texas, who knows.

Either way I'm determined to find some of this flavored seltzer, I don't want to get diabetes and this might be a good way to ween myself off soda.

Back