Hooray For Flavored Seltzer!

T

TelcoLou

So, I've been trying to curb my cravings for super-sugary soda and caffine. While shopping, we saw a sale on 1 liter bottles of flavored seltzer for an amazing 33¢ each!

It actually sates my jones for soda, without any calories! I highly reccomend you try this out; it takes some getting used to, but your body will thank you in the long run ...

</PSA>

TelcoLou posted on Mar 7 2007 at 01:52 PM said:
So, I've been trying to curb my cravings for super-sugary soda and caffine. While shopping, we saw a sale on 1 liter bottles of flavored seltzer for an amazing 33¢ each!

It actually sates my jones for soda, without any calories! I highly reccomend you try this out; it takes some getting used to, but your body will thank you in the long run ...

</PSA>

yah, this is the stuff i've been drinking, ever since i first found it at Wal-Mart in the late 90s.. quite good. you get the carbonation and fruit flavor without the sugar (or saccharine)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackd posted on Mar 7 2007 at 06:50 PM said:
Does it have fake sugar like diet coke?
Afraid of that doctor-recommended spoonful of aspartame?

- Alex

idk, but i want some, since i need to beat my soda addiction since 20 somethin mountain dews a day isnt excatly good for ya.....

Alex. posted on Mar 7 2007 at 06:52 PM said:
Afraid of that doctor-recommended spoonful of aspartame?

- Alex
I've always prefered diet coke because at this point in my life im a little more health conscience and dont like the enormous amount of sugar in regular coke....however im not too into all the aspartame. Im beginning to think the sugar is better for you ;)

you're probably right lou. Im gonna try some flavored seltzer. I've always liked regular, so i dont know what i could dislike about flavored.

Nope, no sugar, no color, no artificial flavors ... just gassy filtered water, with an after-taste of fruit (like black cherry, peaches & cream, cranberry-lime, etc ...)

It's an acquired taste, IMO, and most of you may not enjoy it at first ... but it's 10,000 times better for you than that other crap (most of which will dissolve paint & rust)

every diet soda makes me sick except for coke zero. coke zero pwns. However, i don't like the idea of drinking so much fake sugar. It hasn't been around for long enough to know what its effects are. If not with sugar then I wonder how they make the aftertaste for this flavored seltzer.

wow, this stuff pwnz, i just had some last night (and drank the whole damn liter) its good, definatly healthier than my soda addiction (if only they sold it at my school.....)

Goemon4 posted on Mar 8 2007 at 11:14 AM said:
wow, this stuff pwnz, i just had some last night (and drank the whole damn liter) its good, definatly healthier than my soda addiction (if only they sold it at my school.....)

Yay! A convert!

... and it's dirt cheap too; think of all the money you're saving B)

TelcoLou posted on Mar 8 2007 at 05:05 PM said:
Goemon4 posted on Mar 8 2007 at 11:14 AM said:

Yay! A convert!

... and it's dirt cheap too; think of all the money you're saving B)
Indeed.

I just bought some regular seltzer as I prefer it to flavored. Im going to have some now!

pool34 posted on Mar 8 2007 at 08:31 PM said:
LOL...... This is funny...

... you wouldn't think so if you had just finished a bottle of Stop & Shop brand "Zazz" Peaches & Cream-flavored seltzer. MMMM-mmm! Refreshing!

I'll pick a 1L bottle today, last time I bought one it only cost 99 cents. However, I recall it having quite a nasty list of ingredients, all kinds of preservatives and benzoates, whatever those are :unsure:

- Alex

i only saw one presertive on the brand that i get...but everything else was juts like flavoring and water..... but its still (imo) better than half the crap in soda (man, i think im becoming addicted to this stuff)

Yep, it has aspartame and some other nasty chemical, and they're in warning boxes on the front label. Perhaps you are lucky and find better brands, although if they taste sweet and don't have sugar, they're likely to contain aspartame too. So I bought some tonic water and gingerale instead :)

- Alex

Alex. posted on Mar 9 2007 at 01:36 PM said:
Yep, it has aspartame and some other nasty chemical, and they're in warning boxes on the front label. Perhaps you are lucky and find better brands, although if they taste sweet and don't have sugar, they're likely to contain aspartame too. So I bought some tonic water and gingerale instead :)

- Alex

:blink: ... that's terrible! This stuff is a store-brand product; ingredients: carbonated water, natural flavor.

What brand did you buy, if I may ask? ...

Ahh I think I finally know what you're talking about lol.

If its the same stuff, I've been drinking it for years, still prefer soodaaaa though.

The brand of mine is: Sam's Choice Clear American(walmart brand)

The flavor I have in front of me is "Tropical Fruit"

At the bottom it say "Naturally Flavored Sparkling Water Beverage"

Though it has quite a few ingredients: Carbonated Water, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Aspartame, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Benzoate(A Preservative), Acesulfame Potassium.

Don't know what half of that stuff is, still tastes alright. I think I might have what Alex. saw, but maybe a diff. brand.

Back