Homeworld Port

The big issue that I have is lack of a proper OpenGL driver, Homeworld does now run on the OMAP3 using Mesa but that is far to slow to be usable. I spent a while playing with nanoGL but didn't really get anywhere. Recently I gave "OpenGL 2.0 to OpenGL ES 2.0 Wrapper. GPLv3." a try and got it to compile under Linux but I got an error when the library starts up and compiles the shaders.

I guess the best thing would to be to work with Adventus as he knows the GL side of things but over the last few months I haven't had any time due to work.

linuxhacker said:
The big issue that I have is lack of a proper OpenGL driver, Homeworld does now run on the OMAP3 using Mesa but that is far to slow to be usable. I spent a while playing with nanoGL but didn't really get anywhere. Recently I gave "OpenGL 2.0 to OpenGL ES 2.0 Wrapper. GPLv3." a try and got it to compile under Linux but I got an error when the library starts up and compiles the shaders.

I guess the best thing would to be to work with Adventus as he knows the GL side of things but over the last few months I haven't had any time due to work.
http://wiki.maemo.org/OpenGL-ES#Porting_between_OpenGL_variants

maybe can be helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
/Gravedig....

linuxhacker... any intentions to have another go at this in the near future? It would be a fantastic achievement and a great game for the Pandora!

Back