Homebrew Rpg

VGballer

Still Fresh
I'm looking for a really good homebrew game that I can play for more than a few hours.

I don't mind if they're 32 ports

Thanks

Not really an rpg but try the triple triad x beta.

Don`t know of any released homebrew rpg, to be honest... but there are lots of rpgs you can play via emulators.
I`m currently playing through FF2 again and its much fun!

Yeah, I'm downloading triple triad x right now

I think I've read about a game called little wizard or something, doesnt anyone know if thats anygood?

The Nethack port is good, I am actually playing Nethack for the first time on my 2x, rogue-alikes never did it for me on the PC before. Amazed you could get so many functions on so few buttons!

I would probablly suggest using SquidgeSNES or DrMD for some classic console RPGs such as Chrono Trigger or FF3-6 on the former, or Shining Force/2 and Phantasy Star 2-4 on the latter.

Alternately bust out VICE or Frodo2z for some C-64 classics like Ultima 3-5, Alternate Reality, Legacy of the Ancients, Wizard's Crown, or the Gold Box AD&D adventures.

Or bust out the Atari ST and Amiga emus for updated ports of the gold box games and Alternate Reality, as well as the first of the good 3D style RPGs like Eye of the Beholder and Black Crypt.

There is enough RPG goodness through emulation on the 2x to last you to the end of your lifetime I bet. :D

Back