holy crap my friend has a load of rare saturn games and didn't knoiw!

___

Advanced Member
I just have to tell this crazy story to someone... I have a buddy who is into videogames a little (as in he likes to play oldschool games but doesn't really know names/genres) and we played a couple of games together on several occasions since he doesn't have a console anymore since he was a kid. Turns out he still has a saturn in his moms basement with a load of games. One of his turkish uncles apparently bought pretty much everything that sounded cool when it came out and he was too little to appreciate what he had. So I ask him as a joke if he has panzer dragoon saga, and he's like: "I don't know, I think I have several panzer dragoon somethings". Yes, he has all three panzer dragoon games. And shining force 3...

Now that I told him the worth of his games, he really wants to play them, but sadly the saturn doesn't turn on. I will try to find out what's wrong (I've read they are super robust) and fix it. I can't wait to find out what other gems are in his possession. I have to find a way to convince him to sell the whole lot to me ^^.

Any one ever had the luck of acquiring an instant collection for any system? Or some similar story with a friend, who unknowingly owns a super rare game?

yeah I wish I had one. But the sheer price the cooler games are sold at really makes me squirm. I already collect NeoGeo MVS which is pricey (still far from what the same aes games go for) and PSX games, and PSX rpgs are expensive enough.

Wow!  Make sure you don't make this friend of yours angry!  One day I wish a Pandora/Pyra optimized Sega Saturn emulator will become a reality.

I loved my Saturn. I had a white import unit modded with a switch for US/Japan region changes. I had a HUGE collection with just about every good US game(and some not so good), and a bunch of import titles as well. Sadly, I sold everything off years ago as I was starting a family and needed the room and the funds.

I have to agree with SONY, the Saturn is for sure in my top 10 of all time, and maybe even my top 5. A really great console and a favorite among true gamers.

Chris

it's the only sega console I do not have and sadly it's just too expensive for me to start collecting now. My buddy is going to be off to acting school and I told him to sell the collection if he ever really needs funds.

If your friend is off to acting school, then borrow his collection while he's away. A second-hand Saturn isn't too expensive.

Nice, some Saturn games may have some real value I've heared. ^^ I would tell him not to sell these gems onto a garage or ebay sell for 5 Bucks or so. Better keep them. 

Just today, I missed out on a bit of a bargain by literally one minute.

I was at a boot sale, looking at some Wii accessories on one guys table... When I heard a chap to my right say "how much for the old console there mate?"

Needless to say that caught my attention and I turned to see he had pointed to a Colecovision.

I would've seen it just a few seconds later anyway, but that's my luck eh.

The seller came back with a reply, "five pounds for that, there's some games there in front of it"

This guy paid £5 for a Colecovision and about 7 games, all of which were boxed.

Has to be a deal there eh.

It's put me in a bad mood all day if I'm honest, wishing I hadn't stopped for a coke soon as I got there, or just hadn't paused to look at the Wii stuff.

Oh well, win some lose some

Indeed :)

That's a negative... and right now I need two positives. One to cancel out the negative, and one... just so I've got a positive

[/partridge]

Last edited by a moderator:
lol i wish him the best. i work in the theatre business and work with a lot of actors and also had numerous interns who want to become actors. one of them also recently was accepted by a state school, she will be away soon too. private schools are often crap and cost a huge load of money, also you won't get hired easily with a private acting school diploma. jt's a long and expensive process until you either run out of money to go to castings, are accepted by a school or finally give up. it took her over a year and a half with like 12 castings, not counting the addition rounds. he has just been accepted and is going to need that money at some point in his education, i am pretty sure^^

who knows what other titles he has, maybe it's worth enough to pay for acting school ^^. sure as hell ain't me who'll buy it then,though...

Back