Commodores...

deadlychicken22

Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal
Website
Visit site
I was talking to a friend of mine and he mentioned an old computer he had that played games that was now sitting in a storage box in his basement. I bugged him about finding out what it was and finally he went down to his basement and looked. He told that its a commodore, and that he has 2 other commodores as well. He calls them the "old one", the "new one", and the "portable one". Anyways, I've never seen a commodore, but from what I see on the internet and the emulation on the gp32, its a great old computer that could still give me many fun days (could never get the emu working properly on my gp32). What are the differences between these 3 different commodores? How much are each of them worth? Can you still find games for them? (in the US) And, finally, what are a few good games that I should DEFINITELY get for it?

BTW, my friend says that he thinks he has about a dozen games for it, including star wars and congo bongo (or whatever its called....)

EDIT: already forgot something :p , what languages can you use to code for it?

fishybawb posted on Oct 29 2005 at 12:48 AM said:
deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 29 2005 at 12:20 AM said:
probably means THIS.....

LOL, just how big are his pockets? :D
Well, wikipedia refers to it as portable ("In 1984 Commodore released the SX-64, a portable version of the C64").....

Last edited by a moderator:
get all of it, c64(128/sx) (gues that the ones he haves) have some of the best games ever made, but you have to know for yourself if you like the old tech or not, for me its a complete different world as it haves a compeltely different feeling, useing a c64 still gives me the feeling its something special.

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 28 2005 at 10:11 PM said:
what languages can you use to code for it?

Like many older computers it's operating system is the Basic programming language, you can start programming a second after you turn it on.

deadlychicken22 posted on Oct 29 2005 at 02:20 AM said:
Jarska333 posted on Oct 28 2005 at 11:22 PM said:
Portable Commodore? This I gotta see. :)
probably means THIS.....
Oh, that one. When I hear portable, I usually think of something like Gameboy. I was thinking it was actually Atari Lynx, and your buddy knows nothing of things... :)

Vimacs posted on Oct 29 2005 at 02:15 AM said:
get all of it, c64(128/sx) (gues that the ones he haves) have some of the best games ever made, but you have to know for yourself if you like the old tech or not, for me its a complete different world as it haves a compeltely different feeling, useing a c64 still gives me the feeling its something special.
Where is the best place to get games for it? And about how much are each of the systems worth?

E-bay tells me Sx64's at around £70, I'd wager C=64 goes for a *bit* less... ;)

You are from US? There's one going in 1 days, 8 hours, now at 137.50$, with 11 bids.

Jarska333 posted on Oct 29 2005 at 02:19 PM said:
E-bay tells me Sx64's at around £70, I'd wager C=64 goes for a *bit* less... ;)

You are from US? There's one going in 1 days, 8 hours, now at 137.50$, with 11 bids.
Woh!
I'll definitely try to get that one from him.

Jarska333 posted on Oct 29 2005 at 06:22 PM said:
Evil man... :ph34r:
lol :p
If I don't buy these from him, they will sit in his basement forever! :eek:

Back