Hit Me With Dumb Stick But....

To even further complicate things: You can not use the same adapter that the GP2X takes. I think the cradle even takes a center positive rather than center negative adapter.

linoleum13 said:
To even further complicate things: You can not use the same adapter that the GP2X takes. I think the cradle even takes a center positive rather than center negative adapter.

yeah i read the post about that thank good BEFORE i plugged it in.

Next question is what is the default keys mapped when using a usb keybaord
i have found

A, X, Y, >, <, stick

but i cant seem the find L and R which are teh two i really need

Last edited by a moderator:
kaygroth said:
linoleum13 said:

yeah i read the post about that thank good BEFORE i plugged it in.

Next question is what is the default keys mapped when using a usb keybaord
i have found

A, X, Y, >, <, stick

but i cant seem the find L and R which are teh two i really need

Check the QWER letters, just push every button in the Test mode in the settings to find out :)
Backspace is START.

Can you not get the whole of the keyboard to work? I've just bought the GP2X and cradle and not had much luck with it.

I've managed to get the mouse working in Quake for example, but it does nothing in SCUMMVM. The keyboard seems to work in the Linux interface (does nothing in gmenu2x) and I can't get my gamepad to do anything except power up!

There must be something I'm not doing right. I have firmware 3.0 installed, a Raptor K1 keyboard, G5 mouse and a Thrustmaster Dual Firestorm II gamepad. I just go into the settings and switch human USB devices on? Is there something special I have to do to get the mouse working in SCUMMVM?

Bluepixie said:
The keyboard seems to work in the Linux interface (does nothing in gmenu2x)

A keyboard is just a keyboard, it doesn't map to anything else, so it works in the gph menu because they have code in there to check the keyboard for input. gmenu2x probably doesn't check for any keyboard input. Usb devices will only work if the app is coded to use the device, they don't just automatically work in everything.

Right I see. Does it work for Quake and Doom? I can't get the keyboard to do anything at all in either of these. The mouse works for them, after changing some entries in the config files. Do I have to do something similar to get the keyboard to work?

Question, couldn't you just use like a drill and make a hole to use the gp2x's power? Or modify it some how?

Bluepixie said:
Can you not get the whole of the keyboard to work? I've just bought the GP2X and cradle and not had much luck with it.

I've managed to get the mouse working in Quake for example, but it does nothing in SCUMMVM. The keyboard seems to work in the Linux interface (does nothing in gmenu2x) and I can't get my gamepad to do anything except power up!

There must be something I'm not doing right. I have firmware 3.0 installed, a Raptor K1 keyboard, G5 mouse and a Thrustmaster Dual Firestorm II gamepad. I just go into the settings and switch human USB devices on? Is there something special I have to do to get the mouse working in SCUMMVM?

im sure yoru getting the general theme from the rest of the posts but DONT USE FIRMWARE 3.0...ahem no really it doesnt work, when u go back to 2.11 works liek a treat.. so far keys wize im using

i - up
k - down
j - left
l - right
u - B (i think)
m - Y (i think)
0 - R
9 - L
x - vol up
z - vol down

Back