Hi Supercoders :), You Wanna Earn 100 Euro's By Adjusting A Audio

Peter Swimm said:
lgpt RESTRICTED? JEEZ.. ;)

lgpt is really the most powerful music tool available righrt now. It can do the pitched sample thing requested if you convert the audio file to wav.

You wont have bpm controller, so you have to mess with beat matching, but isn't that the way god intended it?

Piggy tracks with full source:

http://hexawe.net/

The code is available, it only needs a good GUI for djing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruno said:
Peter Swimm said:

lgpt is really the most powerful music tool available righrt now. It can do the pitched sample thing requested if you convert the audio file to wav.

You wont have bpm controller, so you have to mess with beat matching, but isn't that the way god intended it?

Check out live Mode.

Peter Swimm said:
Bruno said:
Peter Swimm said:

Check out live Mode.

It isn't user friendly. :)

It is nice for jamming live with samples, but how long does it take to read each music when you want to change it? Pitch bending? Easy pitch shifting?

What would be perfect is a mix between lgpt and maybe gmu with added ladspa support and a well studied GUI and key map.

How about creating a developer fund for wejp and M-.-n? ;)

I was thinking in possible features for this:

- Pitch shifting/Time scaling
- Pitch bending (for syncing)
- Gain control (obvious :p)
- Seeking
- Ladspa plug-in support
--- 3 band equalizer
--- echo
--- flanger
--- others considered useful
--- own gui for control of filters
- Looping/Beat slicing (for that intro)
- Cues

The app could have a similar working to gmu, with select changing the GUI to:
- Play list/Queue (more than tested)
- Filters (change filter with L and R, joystick to navigate each filter options and a-b-x-y to change them, reset them, etc, with easy reset filter to defaults)
- Player:
The 'Player' GUI should show gain, pitch state and change, song position and duration, maybe a beat detector (no need for beat counter) but a simple pulse would be nice, but maybe too CPU demanding, also a waveform display could be nice if not too CPU demanding, but that is probably wishful thinking :p.

What do you think?

^^ Looks pretty Good, but that will take Ages,
I like to have some sort of DJ tool in a few weeks, insteed of a few months or years.

I just want a simple Gp2x Turntable.
No Fancy Addons, Filters Ect, I have a mixer for that part.

Simple and Smooth is Good Enough for me ^^. But better is also Good ^^ :)

Jaylink said:
^^ Looks pretty Good, but that will take Ages,
I like to have some sort of DJ tool in a few weeks, insteed of a few months or years.

I just want a simple Gp2x Turntable.
No Fancy Addons, Filters Ect, I have a mixer for that part.

Simple and Smooth is Good Enough for me ^^. But better is also Good ^^ :)
Yes, of course. But the main parts are already available, picking from gmu, tweaking the player window and adding the pitch control and seeking should be 'simple' work, although I never looked at the code, so can't really say for sure.

If the playing code of gmu supports pipelining of the stream, adding the filters wouldn't be too complicated either.

Example code for pitch shifting: http://www.dspdimension.com/index.html?download.html

EDIT: Just noticed that gmu isn't open source, or is it? :| Would wejp implement these changes? :)

Duckthepod is already busy for this tool, He repleyed pretty fast.
So i hope he can do the trick in a not to far away future :).

Piggy Tracker:
-----------------
lgpt RESTRICTED sounds oke, but .wav files are a bitt to big.
to much for the GP2X memory i think.
I'm a Noob with Hex parameters :).

^^ Real Life is also a good Thing :)

I just got hollyday for 3 1/2 weeks ^^ nice chilling and relaxing ^^
And Ofcourse the Fullmoon Festival this Weekend in Germany :)

Update:

Spent some time coding last night. Got it so I can load and play back WAV files. Next step, pitch shift and position skip (E-Z). After that it gets a little ugly. I'll need to asynchronously stream and decode mp3s into a buffer. I'd assume you don't want to pre-load the song and be limited by memory... I haven't looked at the libmad api, so maybe it will be gloriously easy... who knows.

Hi all :)

i Got back from the Fullmoon-festival wittstock Germany ^^ it was exelent there ^^, Lots of awesome Medolic Full-On GoaTrance and Wierd Movies ^^.

Great to see .wav working, i hope mp3 and ogg will not be that hard to do.

Is there some New great News jet ^^ :)

ThnX so Far.

dockthepod said:
Update:

Spent some time coding last night. Got it so I can load and play back WAV files. Next step, pitch shift and position skip (E-Z). After that it gets a little ugly. I'll need to asynchronously stream and decode mp3s into a buffer. I'd assume you don't want to pre-load the song and be limited by memory... I haven't looked at the libmad api, so maybe it will be gloriously easy... who knows.
I can give you the plugin i use in OldPlay. It'll give you the basic interface "load_song(fname)" followed by "fill_buffer(dst, len)" to fill a buffer on demand. It doesn't load the whole song, supports fast seeking.
You can have the vorbis plugin as well (it's the same)

That looks great. Actually, I might just grab the oldplay src and hack that. It looks like it will already do all the tedious stuff I've been putting off programming :)

I think I've lost the will to work on this :( Micket, I think you should try adding a DJ mode in OldPlay. It would be pretty simple.

I've gotten really busy at work and don't have the motivation to code at home after coding at work for 8-10 hours.

@dockthepod : sorry to hear that, But Big thanX for trying it ^^.

Oke, I hope Micket has some Sparetime for me ^^.

I Raise the Bounty up to 120 Euro's .

Hope that one1 is Willing to take up the task.

ThnX Already ^^

If I get some time in the future and nobody has picked it up I'll give it a shot because it does sounds fun to do, but yeah, that's not going to happen in the near future. Adding to Oldplay would be quite easy I think. All the hard work is already done :)

Somebody pick this up please :)

Well i didn't add it becuase i don't know how to add the effects, not so much "implementing the controls".
Most of these effects are pretty darn hard to code. Pitching.. that is; faking 120% playback speed without changing the samplerate.. ugh
If anyone has code to apply these effects on a sample buffer, then just send them to me and i'll have it all implemented by the next release.

That's the thing, all he wants is a simple turntable style pitching, not a fancy pitch shifter. All you do is play back the sample at a slower or faster speed by basically changing the sample rate.

Back