Hero: The Realm (Work In Progress)

Squarefish

Still Fresh
Here is a quick link to a video of my game "Hero: The Realm" coded in BennuGD for Windows. I shall be compiling it for Caanoo.

herotitlescreen.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm4t02tcxdg

Sorry about the squished up picture in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now posting to let you guys know, (after a good 5 months) that development is coming along in leaps and bounds!

The game is nearly finished, in terms of what is happening with doors, locks, keys, power ups, heal hearts and other items. Even treasure chests!

hero_wip_may2011.png

The game compiles on the Caanoo very well, and after some mistakes to begin with - optimisation means it will NOT slow down anywhere.

I also have a small publisher interested, and the full game is likely to retail at under 3 EUROS.

GREAT!!! looks very pretty! i hope i can buy this game! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: unfortunately i don't have a paypal account... :(

kayuz said:
GREAT!!! looks very pretty! i hope i can buy this game! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: unfortunately i don't have a paypal account... :(

You will not need a paypal account, just a credit card. I cannot say anything much about the publisher yet, or the exact price.

However there might be a beta demo release in a month or so, if it interests anyone.

Orion4874 said:
Nice, is there any chance of a Wiz version, because I'd buy both?

Yes, is the answer. Compiling for the Wiz isn't too hard, and the controls are only slightly different. If it makes the speed test, I'll definately do it.

A demo version is coming very soon.

Sort of reminded me of Viking Child on the Atari Lynx at first glance, which is no bad thing.

I'll definitely buy this, look forward to the demo :)

wow! that is great! i'am waiting the demo :) :) and if I can i will buy this game for sure ;)

hi Squarefish, how the work for the free beta for caanoo proceds? thanks :)

kayuz said:
hi Squarefish, how the work for the free beta for caanoo proceds? thanks :)

Well,

We're almost there, with a couple of minor bugs to wrestle out. I have to double-check everything is bug free, which means playing it in great detail! Another speed check is needed, as I've changed the game to 16-bit colour now, instead of the limited 8-bit. I don't think there will be a severe impact though.

I'll start a thread soon (in Developer's forum) for beta-testing, so you guys can also get a say.

If you wish to be involved in the beta-test thread and sent the demo before it goes live:

E-mail me at squarefishgames[AT]gmail.com with the subject header "Hero The Realm Beta Tester".

This will guarantee you are sent the Caanoo beta early.

Thanks.

Back