Heretic32

Boom is a more advance Doom engine with some features like translucency effects, weapons recoil, dehacked files support, etc. I'd say it plays all wads doom except those written for ZDoom.

For example, Wolfenstein mods for Doom can only be played with a Boom compatible Doom port:

http://www.doomworld.com/wolfendoom/index2.html

Boom features:

Player bobbing improved, optional
Friction effects
Wind, current, conveyor effects
Far more flexible scrolling wall/floor types
Always run
Weapon change logic overhauled and improved
Generalised line types system gives complete flexibility
Elevators
Translucent sprites, walls
Independent floor and ceiling lighting
Silent teleports
Deep water, true underwater areas
Fix large numbers of game bugs
Support arbitrary texture heights

I've installed as per the readme, added a few wads, but it resets as soon as I select a game from the menu. Is there something else I need? Do I need the original game wad aswell?

Yes,

Download original shareware heretic, install it, then grab heretic.wad and stuff it in the heretic folder too. No need to add it to the cfg file.

Does it works on an original Blu? Tried 2 différents Wads (Full & shareware), severals Wads.cfg configs and it still reboot after the wad selector screen :)

Remind me Duke nukem 3d :lol:

Same thing with hexen :(

Shikigami posted on Dec 3 2005 at 01:18 AM said:
Does it works on an original Blu? Tried 2 différents Wads (Full & shareware), severals Wads.cfg configs and it still reboot after the wad selector screen :)

Remind me Duke nukem 3d :lol:

Same thing with hexen :(

They work fine on my FLU and BLU GP32s. I uploaded a version that disables the wad selector if you delete the wads.cfg, so download them (first post of both threads) and delete the wads.cfg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, are there any news concerning the progress of the doom interpreter? or is there a chance to test the version without the working save function? can't wait to play some of the extended mods ...

Purity posted on Dec 5 2005 at 01:04 PM said:
Hello, are there any news concerning the progress of the doom interpreter? or is there a chance to test the version without the working save function? can't wait to play some of the extended mods ...

Sorry, but I won't release Doom32.

A600 posted on Dec 6 2005 at 01:54 AM said:
Purity posted on Dec 5 2005 at 01:04 PM said:

Sorry, but I won't release Doom32.

thats not true isn't it? :eek: ... whats the reason?

Back