Heretic 2 Amiga Version In Uae?

sold

songs in the key of AAAAAARRRGH!
I was wondering if this would work. I saw a thread where someone was complaining about a screenshot on a pandora render and did a search and found there is an amiga version of Heretic 2 and also shogo. I'm not overly familiar with amiga hardware, so I was hoping someone who knows could tell me, would these games will work in an amiga emulator?

sold said:
I was wondering if this would work. I saw a thread where someone was complaining about a screenshot on a pandora render and did a search and found there is an amiga version of Heretic 2 and also shogo. I'm not overly familiar with amiga hardware, so I was hoping someone who knows could tell me, would these games will work in an amiga emulator?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: As far as I'm aware, UAE does not emulate much beyond standard Commodore-era Amiga hardware. This means M680x0 processors (ports of these relatively modern FPS games require PowerPC processors and run on WarpOS which itself also requires a PPC processor) and up to AGA/RTG graphics (no 3D accelleration).

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember correctly the planer graphics modes on the Amiga make 3d games a lot slower then the PC equivalent. Emulating 3d the Amiga way is probably about 3 times slower than emulating a PC.

There is no source for heretic 2 :( I was thinking there may be a way to emulate the ppc acceleration + a1200 to get heretic 2 handheld. All the other games in the series will work and are cool, but heretic 2 is my fav. Looks like unless there is a way to emulate win98 at decent speed heretic 2 wont happen unless they release the source.

Dammit, halflife, heretic 2, blood, blood 2, shogo, and a whole lot of other games and all the cool mods and tc's wont happen on pandora unless the source code is released. They wont ever happen on future hardware either come to think of it. Why aren't game companies either porting their old games or releasing the source code so fans can do it themselves? Its not like anyone is buying these old games much anymore. Look at games like slave zero for example. Noone but a fan of that game is gonna try and track it down, and even then, they wont find it anywhere, so the copyright holders may as well release the source code to the public.

Back