Help With Prboom And Doom

madasahatter

Still Fresh
Hello, I am having trouble getting the midi music to work on doom using PRBOOM. I have downloaded the timidity files. Apparently I'm putting the files in the wrong directory and can't figure out where they go. Can someone please tell me specifically which directory to put them in and if i need to do anything else to get it to work right.

Timidity should go in it's own folder (called 'timidity') on the root of your SD card. That is to say, if you were to put your card in a reader or hook your Caanoo to your PC, you'd see a folder structure like:
Code:
<apps>
<game>
<music>
That's where you'd put Timidity:
Code:
<apps>
<game>
<music>
<timidity>

I'm pretty sure that's standard for all things that use timidity, so once it's there, you won't have to worry about it again.

It doesnt matter where you put the timidity instruments. What matters is the path inside the timidity.cfg matches where you put them. You also have to put the timidity.cfg in a path, like in /etc or in the folder with the executable.

Thanks guys, I got it where it needs to be. I was trying to put it under the games directory instead of the main root directory.

While we're on the subject, is there a better way of remapping the controls?

I want

X=Run
A=Fire
B=Open Doors
Y=Strafe

L and R to scroll through the weapons

any tips or ideas?

Back