Prboom, I Need Help With It

pato

Still Fresh
i've posted this a few moments ago i other topic, but i just realized that this is the right spot to post right.--

is anyone been able to run the TC mr smiley head safari? it has been reported that works in the nintendo ds prboom port, and i can play it on the windows port of prboom, but i just can't make it work on the caanoo...

i've tried this two methods (crating 2 gpe files), with no luck. the caanooo gets stuck in a "loading" image that appears in the screen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment
./prboom -config prboom.cfg -iwad wad/doom.wad -file wad/doom3.wad > prboom.log.txt 2>&1
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

-and--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#!/bin/sh

./prboom -config prboom.cfg -iwad doom.wad -file doom3.wad
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec ./gp2xmenu
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

any suggestions??

sorry my grammar if I made a mistake, english is not my native language

Your scripts look fine, but at one point I was looking at prboom and there is some incompatible code that is used to support features used by modifications. I tried to fix them, but gave up.

Since then I have found some better engines that may be worth trying if you can port software to you caanoo. I would first try chocolate doom and then maybe doom legacy.

port? haha my skills aren't that good, thanks for the help anyway!!!

but learning how to do it might be a good summer hobbie, would you suggest me any books or language to start with? to learn to programing to then know how to start porting stuff?

Back