GP2X Help With First Game For The Gp2x

scrapheap

Still Fresh
Hi,
I am working on developing my first game for the GP2X and I have got very far with it (still somethings to be added but the core of it all is there). The only problem is that I already know that I am not very good when it comes to graphics and sound.

I have been developing with some simple graphics that I knocked together but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help create some of the following:

sprites (The game only needs two at the minute),
fonts (Just the one set is needed),
title screen (At the minute I haven't got one)
music (Nothing complicated needed, just a background track)

It goes with out saying that anyone that helps will get an entry in the game credits when it is released.

--
Scrapheap

Yer, why not. Punch me an email, and I'll try to help with the gfx (some examples can be found here).

scrapheap posted on Mar 2 2007 at 03:31 PM said:
Hi,
I am working on developing my first game for the GP2X and I have got very far with it (still somethings to be added but the core of it all is there). The only problem is that I already know that I am not very good when it comes to graphics and sound.

I have been developing with some simple graphics that I knocked together but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help create some of the following:

sprites (The game only needs two at the minute),
fonts (Just the one set is needed),
title screen (At the minute I haven't got one)
music (Nothing complicated needed, just a background track)

It goes with out saying that anyone that helps will get an entry in the game credits when it is released.

--
Scrapheap

What is the game? I would consider doing some stuff too if it was something I liked.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Mar 3 2007 at 03:47 AM said:
What is the game? I would consider doing some stuff too if it was something I liked.

The background is that the player has just moved into a house they have inherited and during the first night there is a large storm and the roof starts to leak. The player can ony find one bucket and so has to try to catch each drip in the bucket.

The actual game consists of the player controlling a bucket (one of the sprites needed, currently 16x16) and catching the drips (The other needed sprite, also 16x16) that fall down the screen. As the game goes on the number drips falling increases. If the player catches them they score some points but if the miss them they loose health.

The fonts I am currently using (a 8x8 font and a 16x16) have been borrowed from a bouldrdash game and the title screen is just a swirl of colour so that I know that the routine is working.

When I have the last few tweaks made to the current version of the game then I will let anyone helping have a copy as it is so much easier to develop something for a game when you can play it and really get a understanding for it.

scrapheap posted on Mar 3 2007 at 07:03 AM said:
If the player catches them they score some points but if the miss them they loose health.

Shouldn't be the house that loose health ?

rixed posted on Mar 3 2007 at 03:18 PM said:
Shouldn't be the house that loose health ?

Yea, the house will loose health but as far as the player is concerned they will be loosing the health because they loose if the house runs out of health.

Instead of health, have you considered calling it structural prevention from moisture damage? It might really make things a lot clearer.

Dr_Ian posted on Mar 4 2007 at 05:58 PM said:
Instead of health, have you considered calling it structural prevention from moisture damage? It might really make things a lot clearer.

I will probably call it structural integrity (Though everyone will think of it as health when playing the game.)

Back