GP2X Anyone Interested In Testing My First Game.

scrapheap

Still Fresh
Well I have got my first game to a stage where it could use some testing by someone other than me (I have now found most of the bugs with the way that I play it).

If anyone wants to have a play with it then the current version can be downloaded as a zip file

drip.zip

If you find any bugs (or have any suggestions)then please PM me with them here.

The instructions are simple, left and right moves your bucket left and right. collect the drips to score points if you miss them then the structural integrity of your house drops. Every 50 points your house drys out a bit and so its structural integrity increases.

Collect green drips to speed up your bucket and red drips to slow down your bucket (difficult choice there a slower bucket or your house takes some damage)

If anyone wants to edit the sprites then they are simple bitmaps at the minute.

Again please PM me with any bugs or comments.

Works fine here! A "speed button" would be nice tho, to move the bucket faster.. otherwise, simple and fun game. :)

Just tried it. A nice retro feel to it - very ker-boom-esque.

I would have like the bucket to move a bit faster - it's impossible to get to the edges in time for the faster drips, even if you're in the centre.

Parkydr posted on Mar 9 2007 at 11:01 AM said:

I would have like the bucket to move a bit faster - it's impossible to get to the edges in time for the faster drips, even if you're in the centre.

You sir, are not from America, seeing as you spell center correctly. Anyhow I will test the game when my batteries finish charging.

Last edited by a moderator:
pool34 posted on Mar 9 2007 at 05:26 PM said:

You sir, are not from America, seeing as you spell center correctly. Anyhow I will test the game when my batteries finish charging.

I'm British, and proud of it :)

Parkydr posted on Mar 9 2007 at 06:24 PM said:
Except when we're playing cricket :)

Parkydr posted on Mar 9 2007 at 01:24 PM said:
pool34 posted on Mar 9 2007 at 05:26 PM said:

Don't blame me I'm American, it's not my fault!

I am planning to release the next version as a beta version of the game sometime next week. I have a few final tweaks and a bit of play testing to do then I shall put it up on the GP2X file archive.

I have modified the game so that you now have an energy bar and when you press a button it speeds your bucket but it cost you energy. Red drips now drain some of your energy while Green drips replenish some. If you have no energy left then you can't speed up your bucket and you are stuck at the slow speed till you collect some more via the green drips.

Hi,
i have tried out your drip game and i think it is pretty cool
I was wondering if you minded if posting the open source code for your game
I am an absolute beginning developer and am trying to make some slight modifications to code, just to see how i get on
i would much appreciate it
Thanks in advance

I hadn't planned on releasing the source but when I get the time together to get the release version done I will put the source up as a tarball for people to download.

hey scrapheap,

i was chatting to you a little while back about if you would mind posting the open source code for your drip game as i am doing a project that involves the GP2X.
was just wondering if you would mind posting up the open source code
thanks in advance

theBogster said:
hey scrapheap,

i was chatting to you a little while back about if you would mind posting the open source code for your drip game as i am doing a project that involves the GP2X.
was just wondering if you would mind posting up the open source code
thanks in advance
It will be going up soon. As soon as it has I will post here with a link to it.

Back