Help!!! No Battery Power

garethrose

Still Fresh
Hi, i received my gp32 from lik-sang today and excitedly i put in some batteries and turned the unit on, nothing, so ithought, maybe dodgy batteries, so i tried another pair, nothing, so i tried another paid nothing, etc, etc. i checked the batteries in the test bit of the charger, i checked them in a gameboy advance and they worked fine, but nothing in my gp32. eventually i found a 3v powerpack which i plugged in and switched on and it worked. so i got to sample the delights of the unit.

i wondered if anyone else has had this problem, whether its resolvable (im not adverse to taking the back off if its something simple). i emailed lik-sang, but im dredding having to send it back to hong kong (and any possible excess customs charges). ahhhhhhhhhhh

(Cough cough, you are putting the batteries the right way round are'nt you?)

Seriously though, unless it's something obvious like a missing spring ect it's just not worth removing the back of the unit and voiding your warranty

I would take it to a local electronics repair shop because the problem doesn't sound too bad. Or would you rather have to send it to LikSang and wait who knows how long to get the unit back?

holy shit dude I have the exact same problem. I noticed thet when I shake the Unit a little while hoding down all the loose parts I can hear a little rattle coming from the power switch spot. I'm sending mine to Mashmods.com. It'll cost me $15, but it will be quicker than getting a free replacement and I wont have to worry about recieveing a new one that DOESN'T overclock to 166mhz. Plus I think I may get a glass screen put in. BTW I got it from Lik-Sang too, about three weeks ago. Odd :blink:

Here's my topic on the same question

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=7865

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i saw your post some time after i posted. thing is im in the UK so its alot cheaper for me to send it back to lik-sang than to send it to canada and have it repaired. its annoying when it must be a regular fault, my gp32 overclocks to 160, so its a coin toss, i might get a 133 unit, or i might get one that goes all the way to 166. the main problem is that itll be a few weeks a=until i get it back, and having played with the snes emu with the powerpack I dont want to not have it!
i take it with you it worked with batteries at some stage. because when i got mine out the box it didnt. also liksang just said heres the return number sned it back and we'll send you another, like they no its a regualr fault, lets hope the next one is kosher.............

jesus!.i mean, i love my gp32 but it seems they give u more grief than a fcking woman

I just recieved this e-mail after sending it to MashMods, looks like it worked :). I'd send it there too, now that he know's how to fix it. Either that or get it replaced. Cost $10 to get it fixed, and $10 to get the glass screen installed

Hey, I got your GP32 today, and I've already all the tests to fix the GP32 (I was very eager to fix it), and of course, it was successful. The problem was actually very difficult to find. All of my original ideas didn't work (check GP32 on/off switch, continuity in the circuit to it), and what I did notice is that the power was going through the system, but the actual continuity at the on/off switch was not there, so the circuit could not be connected. This is completely unfixable, if let's say, the circuit was blown from too much voltage or amperage from the batteries, however, I decided to check one thing before giving up hope, and that's the continuity at the DC adapter plug. If you maybe checked the modification on my page w/ the worm light or GPA connector, in the instructions it says that the two sides of the DC plug should ALWAYS be connected, or else the system won't run, and that's exactly what the problem was. Although the plug was connected to the system fine, I think the two parts inside were not in contact (probably from inserting the DC connector too much). This is just a system flaw and luckily your problem was found, I will put on a glass screen and have it ready to ship out tomorrow. Please reply with you full shipping address to confirm, and the method of payment.

Thanks,
Gregor
www.mashmods.com

Back