Help: Gp32/flu Damaged?

tk2001

Still Fresh
Hi,

I was playing with my GP32 on my bed and grew very tired and before I fell asleep I placed my GP32 next to me. When I woke up a couple of hours later, my GP32 was on ground so I must have nudged it off my bed whilst sleeping accidently.

I tested the GP32 (with fully recharged NiMH batteries) to see if it was working and althought the power light comes on and the sound works, I seem to get funny lines my screen. The LCD screen doesn't look damaged at all so I don't know what the problem could be.

I opened the unit up, disconnected the LCD screen and can confirm that it doesn't look damaged at all but when I reconnect the LCD screen back to the GP32, I get strange line across the screen.

The distance from by bed to the ground is less than 2 feet and on the ground is really think carpet so I'm very surprised I'm getting any problems at all.

Can someone advise me on what the problem could be please?

is ur FLU working correctly, because thats what happened to my screen when my FLU packed up. If u got from GBAX.com send them an e-mail and they will most probably sort the problem out for you.

tk2001 posted on Feb 25 2004 at 09:24 PM said:
I opened the unit up, disconnected the LCD screen and can confirm that it doesn't look damaged at all but when I reconnect the LCD screen back to the GP32, I get strange line across the screen.
I think if you have dammaged your unit, you may have ruined your chances of a warenty repair.

Even 2 feet onto carpet can be enough to crack a wire in the ribbon.

Last edited by a moderator:
lynx2oo2 posted on Feb 25 2004 at 09:39 PM said:
tk2001 posted on Feb 25 2004 at 09:24 PM said:
I think if you have dammaged your unit, you may have ruined your chances of a warenty repair.

Even 2 feet onto carpet can be enough to crack a wire in the ribbon.
The Flu on the GP32 is still 100% working and was not damaged.

I have the LCD screen right in front of me and everything is in perfect order with absolutely no cracks on the panel/ribbon.

I just can't pinpoint what the problem could be? :mellow:

Due to the fact that I downloaded GP Cinema, and load of other games for it, I just don't want to go through all the hassle of doing it all again on another GP32.

Last edited by a moderator:
The few times I've dropped electronic equipment and it stopped working I found that it did so because either sodered wires became loosened or the actual components may have been jarred from a solid mounting on the circuit board. It sounds to me like there's a short somewhere and it's just not making a connection. I'd look at all the wiring with the power on to see if the light flickers any while moving wires.

Back