Help Finding An Article

bast525

not having any luck with this and it's about to drive me nuts.

I'm trying to figure out how to change the clockspeed in ScummVM.

I've been referred over to an article at gp32emu.uk, which I have spent HOURS trying to find, and have had no luck. Apparently this article is the walkthru for how to do this. I have also tried several variants of a search phrase for this thru Google with no luck.

So... if anyone can possibly help me find this article?

Or, if not, can someone please tell me how to do this directly?

*bump*

:( come on guys someone must either a) know where to find this tutorial or B) have done this to their own GPScumm (V.3) and knows how to do it or c) can hook me up with a clockspeed altered version of V.3

Think I'm up to like 3-4 hours on google looking for this with all kinds of variations of gpscumm and overclock and tutorial and have not been able to find it.

I'm not going to tell you the answer because that would be too easy ;), but here is where you are going wrong - when searching, think carefully about what it is you want to find but don't be too specific. In your case you want to change the clockspeed of gpscumm, but that is something very specific that may not have been done before. Taking a step back we can see that gpscumm is an fxe file. It's fairly safe to assume that any tutorial is unlikely to mention the exact name of the app you want to clock, but it will almost certainly mention the type of file. Try searching for something like 'change clockspeed of fxe' and you should find some instructions after a couple of clicks ;).

actually you were right and wrong :D GP32x was down earlier today so I went to hang out in #gp32 in IRC...

ran into a helpful fellow there who found this quite easily... you were right, I was searching for the wrong terms... but it wasn't "overclock fxe", rather, it was just overclock gp... at any rate, thank you for the tip, and I'm going to share the rewards with anyone else on here who is interested... got a bunch of different versions of GPScumm now ready to go, relabeled and zipped in a tidy 'little' pack.

Back