Rainbow Screen On Startup Firmware 3.0 Not Bad Batteries Help

nconsola

Still Fresh
I flashed my gp2x about a month ago with version 3.0. evrything was working fine until a week ago when i was listening to music and the gp2x powered down when i powered it back up it showed the rainbow screen as if the batteries were dead. so i changed the batteries, yes they are high quality batteries not cheap alcaline batteries, but still no luck. so i went out and bought new batteries, still no luck. so i figured maby try more batteries and so i bought another set, and still no luck they are fully charged. Please help i have been reading around and maby i messed up the boot loader some how and need to "JTAG" it some how? I dont understand where to get it or how to get it. i have tried to downgrade to firmware 2.1 but no luck. it wont let me do anything. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you all
Nick

A JTAG is used to reflash the boot loader on the GP2X. You need this if your system will not boot at all. Usually, you don't get the rainbow lines when this is necessary but just a blank screen. Im not really sure about that though.

There are people that own JTAG equipment and are willing to help reflash your unit if you send it to them. Im not sure if this is necessary though.

Maybe the battery contacts in the GP2X are bent out? Do you have a power adapter to use instead of the batteries? It would be best rule out the battery power issue before you try to get the unit reflashed.

Back