GP2X Help Compiling Under Linux

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Website
Visit site
I've installed the GPH SDK, plus theoddbot's lib package. However, when I go to compile (under Ubuntu, with arm-linux-gcc) I get the error:

//lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation

What should I do?

nickspoon posted on Dec 24 2005 at 10:20 PM said:
I've installed the GPH SDK, plus theoddbot's lib package. However, when I go to compile (under Ubuntu, with arm-linux-gcc) I get the error:

What should I do?

I use open2x for my tool chain and thoddbot's libs package. I just whacked them all into a directory named open2x in my home directory. So my compiler is to be found in /home/andyw/open2x/tool-chain/ and the libs are to be found in /home/andyw/open2x/theoddbot-libs-open2x-soft-float/

I've not bothered with a makefile yet, I just use a script called buildit. The latest version of this is here:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
OPEN2XBIN=/home/andyw/open2x/tool-chain/open2x_gcc/gcc-4.0.2-glibc-2.3.5/arm-open2x-linux/bin
OPEN2XUSR=/home/andyw/open2x/theoddbot-libs-open2x-soft-float/usr
export OPEN2XBIN
export OPEN2XUSR
$OPEN2XBIN/arm-open2x-linux-g++ -O2 *.cpp -o ponggpe -static `$OPEN2XUSR/bin/sdl-config --cflags --libs` -I$OPEN2XUSR/include/SDL  -lpthread -lSDL_mixer -lmikmod -lvorbisidec -lSDL

This works for all of my programs, although I still haven't tackled getting SDL_image to work. Hope it's helpful and Merry Christmas.

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
evening2005 posted on Dec 25 2005 at 03:08 AM said:
nickspoon posted on Dec 24 2005 at 10:20 PM said:

What should I do?

I use open2x for my tool chain and thoddbot's libs package. I just whacked them all into a directory named open2x in my home directory. So my compiler is to be found in /home/andyw/open2x/tool-chain/ and the libs are to be found in /home/andyw/open2x/theoddbot-libs-open2x-soft-float/

I've not bothered with a makefile yet, I just use a script called buildit. The latest version of this is here:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
OPEN2XBIN=/home/andyw/open2x/tool-chain/open2x_gcc/gcc-4.0.2-glibc-2.3.5/arm-open2x-linux/bin
OPEN2XUSR=/home/andyw/open2x/theoddbot-libs-open2x-soft-float/usr
export OPEN2XBIN
export OPEN2XUSR
$OPEN2XBIN/arm-open2x-linux-g++ -O2 *.cpp -o ponggpe -static `$OPEN2XUSR/bin/sdl-config --cflags --libs` -I$OPEN2XUSR/include/SDL  -lpthread -lSDL_mixer -lmikmod -lvorbisidec -lSDL

This works for all of my programs, although I still haven't tackled getting SDL_image to work. Hope it's helpful and Merry Christmas.

Andrew

That's a cool script. I may have to copy that. Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back