Hello

Spikerocks101

Still Fresh
Hello, I am Spikerocks101. I have known about the Pandora console for a while, and just decided to sign up today. I know a little C++ (most of the basic stuff, and OpenGL), but I was wondering how programing for the Pandora will be different then for a PC (other then Linux I mean). What I mean is, will there be an SDK for it? Also, is it going to be another emulator system, or are they going to try to make it have it's own games as well? I was thinking of making some (limited in ability) and also making a program for it kinda like Steam, where you can download games. Also, is there an IRC for this? Please past the sever of it if there is, and if not, I think we can use a sever for a game I play (I know there person who owns it, and it's kinda dead atm anyways). Thanks for making the Pandora, I really want one, and hope to be active on the forums :D

First, Welcome.

There is already a software store that will allow you to give or sell you products (still unnamed, but near completion, based on what the team said).
Most of the standard libraries (SDL and others) are available, I didn't heard about SDK.
ATM many of the devs are working on emulators (since it gives a large game library pretty fast).
But some are working on brand new games or porting X86 Linux games to Pandora.

I'm trying to learn Game Programming doing the tutorials that timbobsteve posted here .

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most of your development related questions are answered here.

As far as what gets, and doesn't get developed, no idea. There are a few homebrew games cooking, so it's not likely to be "emulation only"
Also, i think there are a few games, like OTTD that are available for the Ångström distro. They should as far as i know run straight out of the... Uh, sorry, no box provided, as it's a download, but you know what i mean.

Mr B said:
They should as far as i know run straight out of the... Uh, sorry, no box provided, as it's a download, but you know what i mean.

No box? But this is Pandora! Had Pandora no box? Then what was all the fuss about the end of the world and all that?

Egads! Pandora's box (much like this
strawberry_chocolate_cake_icon_by_milkbun.gif
) is a lie! :ph34r:

r00tw00t said:
[sarcasm] Nice informative topic! [/sarcasm]
Hey, it is to me. That's useful information I wouldn't have as easily found otherwise.

Wow, thanks for the quick replies. I will read threw the wiki, and I found the IRC channel (which will probably help alot). I did come across the naming of the AppStore as they called it, and I think thats really cool. Thanks all.

Spikerocks101 said:
Wow, thanks for the quick replies. I will read threw the wiki, and I found the IRC channel (which will probably help alot). I did come across the naming of the AppStore as they called it, and I think thats really cool. Thanks all.

Yeah these forums are a roller coaster ride.

strider_mt2k said:
post deleted by author
who the heck is Arthur and who does he keep deleting my posts? :p

(you'll get the joke if you've ever met someone who pronounces "author" like "arthur")

Back