Sandbox Games Port?

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
Hello everyone!

I know there is a version of Minecraft launcher in OpenPandora repository and it works good with Optifine. And I know there are some ports of Steam games, too. Is it possible to play Terraria, Starbound or Don't Starve on Pandora? Terraria will be released on Linux but it's for x86, not ARM.

Also, I know there are some other topics about the same, but they are dead.

Hello everyone!

I know there is a version of Minecraft launcher in OpenPandora repository and it works good with Optifine. And I know there are some ports of Steam games, too. Is it possible to play Terraria, Starbound or Don't Starve on Pandora? Terraria will be released on Linux but it's for x86, not ARM.

Also, I know there are some other topics about the same, but they are dead.

Terraria: it's a mono game, but I didn't succeed in making it run (I used windows steam version, maybe I should try with linux one).

Starbound: no idea, I don't have it

Don't starve: it's a native app. I need sources. Dependancies are prety good on that one (it use GLESv2 natively), but also use MODX for sound, so some work would still be needed. But still, I don't have the sources of it, so pnd from me.

Starbound is also a game on Steam

Note : Terraria Linux has a July release.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this game, but it doesn't seem like community or developers are supporting it anymore, as I tried to look at the forums, and it simply said "Log in or Register. New posts are no longer allowed." And about your question, I don't have a Pandora, I'm waiting for a Pyra and because they are alike, not same, (software-wise) I am thinking like if its working on Pandora, it might work on the Pyra, too. (I can't post this on the Pyra section because nobody have a finalized Pyra)

Note : Terraria for Linux is released now. (Open beta.) 

Note : Terraria for Linux is released now. (Open beta.) 
I'll check later (it's on Steam?)
Yes it is
I mean, the Linux version, as I have terraria on Steam already, I will try to get the Linux version to try on the Pandora
I also mean the Linux version is on the Steam for Open Beta :)
So I tried, it goes farther... but not far enough. I get now a dialog box, with no text and just OK. It seems it search for some native lib for steam, that I don't have on pandora (libCSteamworks.so, I there is a github of it, but you need Steam SDK, that I don't have).

So, you can't play the game without native Steam libs?

OK, so how can I run Counter-Strike with Xash3D and Terraria with Mono PND? (I tried both but no luck ptitSeb please help me)

OK, so how can I run Counter-Strike with Xash3D
From what I gathered it doesn't work properly as it has x86 dll files that won't load. You may be able to load the maps at best, but weapons and other game mechanics most likely won't work.

Terraria with Mono PND? (I tried both but no luck ptitSeb please help me)
It would most likely won't work directly with just the mono PND, it may need opengl to opengles via glshim, if it uses shaders that may be another complication. 

OK, so how can I run Counter-Strike with Xash3D
From what I gathered it doesn't work properly as it has x86 dll files that won't load. You may be able to load the maps at best, but weapons and other game mechanics most likely won't work.

Terraria with Mono PND? (I tried both but no luck ptitSeb please help me)
It would most likely won't work directly with just the mono PND, it may need opengl to opengles via glshim, if it uses shaders that may be another complication. 
Ok, so it's a bit impossible for me. Anyways, thanks for all the info!

@Alpibrine28: I tried Terraria earlier but didn't succeed (a few post above). And Counter Strike, I never tried, but I think it will not work (you'll need to wait for my next release of Xash3D to be able to try to load CS as a mod anyway, as it's broken in current build).

@Alpibrine28: I tried Terraria earlier but didn't succeed (a few post above). And Counter Strike, I never tried, but I think it will not work (you'll need to wait for my next release of Xash3D to be able to try to load CS as a mod anyway, as it's broken in current build).
I didn't know you are working on it so yeah, I can wait!

Back