Headphones And Speakers Both Active.

PSyMastR

\m/O__O\m/
Website
Visit site
Ok, when I got my GP2x, with firmware 1.0.0, when I plugged in my headphones, the speakers shut off. I upgraded to 1.0.1, same thing. Now, with 1.1.0, when my headphones are plugged in, the speakers still play sound. Is there a fix for this (Yes my headphones are plugged in all the way), or is this just a defective unit?

You can enable both at the same time from software, so it's not necessarily a hardware problem.

I've read of other people having that problem. Try a search.

If you have an extra pair of headphones try those. Could be that plug of the ones you're using doesn't fit correctly.

Ok, when I got my GP2x, with firmware 1.0.0, when I plugged in my headphones, the speakers shut off. I upgraded to 1.0.1, same thing. Now, with 1.1.0, when my headphones are plugged in, the speakers still play sound. Is there a fix for this (Yes my headphones are plugged in all the way), or is this just a defective unit?

I spin my headphone plug until the speakers shut off, the signal to the software that the phones are in is a very crappy one.

Last edited by a moderator:

I spin my headphone plug until the speakers shut off, the signal to the software that the phones are in is a very crappy one.

Please see the thread I made here. The headphone/speaker problem is a problem with the soldering of the headphone jack, not firmware. You shouldn't have to spin your headphone plug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back