Had Mine A Few Hours...few Questions

stepp

Right got mine today....vids look ok on it...got a few emualtors going with no problems.

BUT WHY OH WHY is the sound from the speakers and headphones so CRAP!! lol

Seriously ive put some mp3s on it and i just plugged in a pair of the headphones you get with the psp and OMG how rubbish does it sound!!....i hope to god im doing something wront because this sounds worse than a 1970s radio......anyone had this problem? IE: sound up full blast and al you get is a tinny mono sound from the headphones!

EDIT...... i didnt have the headphones shoved in far enough lol

Yeah sounds ok....not enough bass though ( might be the crappy psp headphones i dunno, never used them with the psp, might compare the two units later ).

I think its eating my batteries ...i have 2500mah ni-mh batteries ( rechargeable made by vapextech)....and its down to medium power left after 1 hour of watching vids and listening to music which i feel is very very poor.

Ill see how i get on with it over the weekend.

PS : yes i believe the poeple that said the joystick is crap....its absolutly awfull, probably the worse joystick/ pad ive seen put on a handheld system.

stepp posted on Dec 14 2005 at 12:12 PM said:
Yeah sounds ok....not enough bass though ( might be the crappy psp headphones i dunno, never used them with the psp, might compare the two units later ).

I think its eating my batteries ...i have 2500mah ni-mh batteries ( rechargeable made by vapextech)....and its down to medium power left after 1 hour of watching vids and listening to music which i feel is very very poor.

Ill see how i get on with it over the weekend.

PS : yes i believe the poeple that said the joystick is crap....its absolutly awfull, probably the worse joystick/ pad ive seen put on a handheld system.

The first thing I did when I got mine was use some very fine sandpaper and shine up all the battery terminals for good conductivity, also ignore the battery meter, I think it says half from 3/4 on down. And says empty from 1/4 full.

The stick is pure crap, luckily DaveC took it upon himself to fix it: His thread with a cool fix.

I don't think I have ever got less than 3 hours with my batteries (2500mAh NiMH)
but I started off by updating to firmware 1.0.1, I don't think I updated uBoot, that might be why mine crapped its flash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has the latest firmware already....i have just put another set of the same batts in and cleaned up the batt contacts a bit....im going to time how long they take to burn out.

Nice little machine though, ive encoded a few films to around 180 meg in size and the quality is very good.

Whole films?!?!?!

I got FF advent children down to 300MB and it looks pretty fuzzy.

But that movie deseves HD :D

I use Energizers, I don't know which is better qaulity wise though. :ph34r:

yeah...im using pocketdivx encoder......i just set the screen size to the same as the gp2x boost up the volume percentage a bit and just aim for around 200 ish meg( it tells you the output size as you adjust and play with the settings).....ive had very good results so far :)

Another thing ive just noticed and after showing the screen to my missus is that there seems to be lines running across the screen from left to right and vice versa, almost as if scanlines are on the screen.

I didnt really notice at first but now i notice it all the time, especially using the megadrive emualtor. Is this a firmware fault or are all screens like this?

Back