Have You Saved Up Yet?

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
I have a job right now, but my parents aren't letting me spend more than 30% of the money I make, which is really lame. If I can't get them to let me just spend the money once I have enough (I would certainly have enough by the time preorders came around) and then not spend any further earnings, I'll likely have to wait till sometime in September or maybe even October depending on how many hours I get.

I work at McDonalds btw...kinda sucks. But hey, it's a job. Hours are relatively flexible, which is good for someone who is a senior in high school.

How about you?

Through devine providence, I got a one-shot PC repair job though some company in Colorado to drive to some dudes house and fix his computer. It took well over 4 hours and I got paid 350$ for the work, and mileage. I immediately took that money and put it away for the Pandora. I will pre-order as soon as the email arrives.

my birthday is at the end of july.
actually...
sssevennnn daysssssss...
i'm going to ask my parents for no presents until preorders start.

I had the money, but I spent it (Gas, Food, ect.). I have grad money, but I cant touch it :( . Hopefully I can get enough saved in time. If not there is always christmas and my birthday. I REALLY WANT ONE........................!

-Spadoof :(

kinda.
long story short, i wasted my pandora savings account on silly stuff like a 10$ copy of perfect dark gbc, so i will probably have to sell some stuff (games, etc) to buy one. but as im probably not going for one at launch, its not really a problem.
plus i got a gift for flying lessons, so i could cash that in.
/stuff noone cares about

I have the money all ready. ^_^ I just hope pre-orders are at the beginning of August. It fits better with my schedule.

-God Ginrai

Worked in a factory <_< for a few weeks to save up. Trying not to spend it all on fast food and Ender's Game books.

waffles said:
kinda.
long story short, i wasted my pandora savings account on silly stuff like a 10$ copy of perfect dark gbc, so i will probably have to sell some stuff (games, etc) to buy one. but as im probably not going for one at launch, its not really a problem.
plus i got a gift for flying lessons, so i could cash that in.
/stuff noone cares about
I'm wasting my Pandora saving account on my electric bill this summer. It's been over 90 almost every day (today was 97):)

You are absolutely crazy! Take the flying lessons! The Pandora will be here when you are done, but you may never get a chance to fly an airplane again. Planes will still be there as well, but how many people actually take the time and money to go take flying lessons? Take the plane dude! Think about what will give you more thrills, flying a plane, or playing video games (some of which allow you to pretend to fly a plane, how ironic is that?)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
heh, its a pretty quick flight, only about 30 minutes.
its not really a lesson, its more of a "push the rudder in to go down" kind of thing.

I have 11p saved :D I'm gonna have to save my EMA money (free monies from school) and maybe borrow some if i'm gonna be pre-ordering. If the pre-orders last 6 weeks i *may* be able to get the cash together to get a late one. However i doubt any will be around after 12 minutes.

Gotta be a ninja to get a Pandora :ph34r: . Sounds like an advert slogan...

Yep, got my Pandora money plus about $140 to put towards SD cards. Here's to hoping I can get two 32GB class 6 SDHC cards for that by the time the Pandora's out. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm getting one in november (right Craig), and since I would be in such a good mood since my birthday is on the 6th, I MAY have something to share with you guys even before it arrives, if all goes according to plan :unsure: . ;) :pandora1: B) :pandora2: :ph34r:

I'll just use the old credit card and pay it off the following month. I already have my 2 16GB SD cards I bought on sale for $80 for both. Got my portable 160GB external HD which I will mod to mount underneath the pandora. Still trying to figure out how I am going to do the usb cables though.

i have given up eating in order to be able to afford one when the preorders start.... ok maybe not fully given up on eating but i am kind of back down to cheap pasta, hang on thats what i live on anyway, i hate being a broke student. Right new plan have given up smoking that should save me a ton and make me healthier, and who says video games are bad for you :D

Back