Have You Got A Breakout Board Or Similar?

Do you have one?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Planning to buy one in the future

• Total voters

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
Just wondering (OK its market research :)) how many people have a breakout board or similar which allows you to use USB devices on your GP2X. Three options to choose from; Yes, No and Planning to buy one if you are waiting for the retail version of the BOB for example.

One little addition, if you happen to have a PS2 Buzz controller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzz!) reply here as I am adding support for it in my next game ;)

As i originally wanted a gp2x mounting which the (com.) BoB very closely suits i'm looking forward to its release. :rolleyes:

Right now i'm trying to build a short Ext 2 USB + Serial cable... my last try ended in failure as i received a cable with only 5 pins connected and others left out :(

Tobriand posted on Feb 17 2007 at 02:38 PM said:
I'm awaiting the retail version, and gradually losing faith that it's ever going to turn up.

you are not the only one i to have been waiting for it too come out when was the original set realese date august last year? :blink:
I wonder why it is takin them so long to make a case for it or are they changing it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a retail bob and was ready to buy one last Christmas when we were told it would be available late December, maybe they didn't which year and it is this year :D .

I do hope it comes out soon because it is starting to loose some of the interest that it had when it was going to come out.

I want one so that I can play using tv and with a controller, will look great on our screen at work at lunch times.

Yes, and I made it myself. :D http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=34309#

Really busy (school/painting my room, changing flooring/building a mini-itx Tualatin and trying for Beryl 1.4 and AIGLX) and strapped for cash, otherwise I might be trying my hand at making a printed circuit board for the e810 serial cable that supports USB and TV-Out. A possibility would be a Sony/Panasonic style camcorder 3.5mm A/V port (looks like headphones plug) in the shell so it wouldn't be in the way if all you needed is USB.

It could accommodate Serial and Jtag too, but Jtag should really be a different adapter because it is rarely if ever needed, and if you do need it, you know who you are.

As far as the people who "want a stand", "needs to look pretty". A stand is a stand, it doesn't need to be integrated into the connector, or an expensive, unwieldy multi-function box.

It can and should allow the connector to do its job and should hold the GP2X securely, but it can be made in many different ways, and for much less money and more intelligently than GPH is capable or perhaps willing to do.

I'm waiting patiently for the retail version... frankly, all I'm really interested in using it for is hooking a keyboard to the GP2X. I'd be quite happy if they were to make a native keyboard that plugged right into the EXT port similar to the modified Chatboards that the GP32 got. I'd certainly buy one.

--Zero

I have a self-modded TV-out cable with one 5V powered USB host. I hardly use it though since there's no clip to keep it inserted in the GP2X so it falls out easily.

I would buy the retail BoB if it was released... or I would buy a nicely formed case to go around the Dev BoB.

Ze_ro posted on Feb 17 2007 at 03:37 PM said:
I'm waiting patiently for the retail version... frankly, all I'm really interested in using it for is hooking a keyboard to the GP2X. I'd be quite happy if they were to make a native keyboard that plugged right into the EXT port similar to the modified Chatboards that the GP32 got. I'd certainly buy one.

--Zero

me too. it'd be nice to use a real gamepad and play the gp2x on a tv.

tim0391 posted on Feb 17 2007 at 03:36 PM said:
I wonder why it is takin them so long to make a case for it or are they changing it?

KoH posted on Feb 9 2007 at 06:28 AM said:
The reason it has been held back is due to new features added to it that are not avalible on the uncased version.

GPH knew it would be bad for business if they released it early as everyone that has forked out for the uncovered version is going to be pretty pissed off when they find that the covered version has new features added to it, making what they paid for inferior to the new product.

It's sill going to be a while untill we see it released.

[gollum] You will see, oh yes you will see [/gollum]

If the retail BoB hits the shelves I'll grab one just to add a joystick for TV-out play - it's worth it to me for that... I might break down and buy the "naked" version if the stand model is not released before next Christmas, but I'm very patient... :D

I'm also holding out for the retail bob. I have a TV out cabe (a 5 pin one :/) but I'd love to be able to hook up my 250gb external hard drive (self powered) and my TV.

KoH posted on Feb 18 2007 at 12:55 AM said:
tim0391 posted on Feb 17 2007 at 03:36 PM said:

KoH posted on Feb 9 2007 at 06:28 AM said:
The reason it has been held back is due to new features added to it that are not avalible on the uncased version.

GPH knew it would be bad for business if they released it early as everyone that has forked out for the uncovered version is going to be pretty pissed off when they find that the covered version has new features added to it, making what they paid for inferior to the new product.

It's sill going to be a while untill we see it released.

[gollum] You will see, oh yes you will see [/gollum]

Thanks KoH that anwsers a few questions but by the sound of things its worth the wait :)

*hopes*

Yeah I just went ahead and got an uncased bob thinking i could run usb flsh drives on it....i still cant get em to work though.

Back